Scores of council staff were recognised for their hard work throughout the last year in a special ceremony held at the Guildhall.
The annual WOW Awards were held in the Council Chamber last week, with senior officials and lead members presenting winners with their awards.
Categories included a People’s Choice award – with winners voted for by the public – along with Role Models and whole-team awards.
Cllr Mark Pritchard, Leader of the Council, said: “I’m always very pleased to be able to present awards to those winners of the annual WOW Awards at Wrexham Council.
“We have an excellent workforce here at the council, and it’s right that those who go above and beyond are recognised and commended for their efforts.
“I congratulate all those who received awards this year –they should all be very proud of themselves.”
The full list of categories, winners and those who were Highly Commended can be found listed below:
- Modern Apprentice: Winner; Lucy Lancelott , Housing Repairs, H&E
- People’s Choice: Winner; Housing Repairs, H&E
- Customer Focus: Highly Commended; Streetscene, E&P. Winner; Matthew Griffiths, C&CS. Winner (Team) Registration Services, C&CS
- Excellence: Highly Commended; Miss M Jones & Mr M Roberts, St Peter’s School,
- Education. Highly Commended; Jean Hughes, ASC. Winner; DOLS team, ASC
- Partnership: Highly Commended; Tracey Evans, C&CS. Winner (Team): Syrian VPR Scheme. Winner: Louise Davies, C&CS
- Role Model: Highly Commended; Louise Peagram, E&P. Highly Commended; Wayne Ellis Brookfield, ASC. Winner; Andrew Pearce, E&P. Winner; Maureen Lee, H&E
- Special Team Award: Winner; Office Services, C&CS
Pictured above – Louise Davies, winner of the Partnership Award with Clare Field, Executive Director for People