Members of staff at the Guildhall in town were evacuated from the building this afternoon.
North Wales Fire and Rescue Service say two engines were sent to the scene and firefighters carried out an investigation of the building.
Staff were evacuated as a precaution and have since returned back to the building.
Staff members told us what looked like a ‘small amount of steam’ or ‘something overheating’ on the roof caused concern, with another blaming it on a possible ‘boiler playing up’. Another told us they did not believe a fire alarm was manually triggered.
One wag pondered if a new pope was being elected via Wrexham Council.
Unconcerned staff were allowed back in the building shortly after fire crews checked out the building, apparently with no fire discovered.
— Wrexham.com (@wrexham) January 16, 2019
More information when we have it.
Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email News@Wrexham.com