Wrexham.com for people living in or visiting the wrexham area

Driver arrested for ‘positive breath test’ after 3 vehicle crash closes A483 northbound for over 2 hours

NOTE: This content is old - Published: Wednesday, Aug 29th, 2018.

Final Update 7:27pm: North West Motorway Police have just said: “Patrols have now finished at the scene of the RTC and the road is now open.”

Update 7:25pm The road has now been closed off for over 2 hours.

Update 7pm: North Wales Police have just said: “Due to an RTC on the Posthouse roundabout, traffic is currently backed up all the way down to Gresford on the A483, please use alternative routes while Cheshire Police deal with the incident. Thank you for your understanding.”

Update 6:45pm: Police have said a driver has been arrested for providing a positive breath test at the scene of a three vehicle crash on the A483.

Queues have been building northbound since the incident occurred at around 5:20pm, with the latest update from police saying they are ‘awaiting vehicle recovery’, with the road closure expected to last past 7pm.

Update 6:30pm Motorists are being warned to avoid the A483 northbound after a three vehicle crash closed the road.

Police have published the below picture and said “We are working hard with the other emergency services to clear the scene and get you moving.”

Original information below…

The incident has taken place near the Posthouse Roundabout around 5:20pm, and three cars and a van are thought to have been involved.

The below is a traffic visualisation via Google as of 6:15pm

Images seen by Wrexham.com taken shortly after the incident indicate one van is stopped in lane 2 northbound with a broken windscreen, and at least two other damaged cars are visible.

Traffic is being affected in the northbound direction on the A483 and at junction 38 on the A55 – the Posthouse roundabout.

Traffic is stopped, with people out of their cars due to the long delays, that as of 5:40pm reach back to Rossett.

More information when we have it.

Share this now: