The deadline for applications is approaching on the Youth Led Grants Scheme 2019.
Young people between 14 and 25 years old are invited to apply for the Youth Led Grants Scheme through Wrexham Volunteer Centre. The Youth Led Grants Scheme is aimed at young people aged 14-25, who have an idea or project that will benefit their local community.
The projects should be in line with the five priority areas identified by the Welsh Government which have the potential to make the greatest contribution to long-term prosperity and well-being:
- Early Years (0-7 year olds) – activity which supports children to lead healthy, prosperous and fulfilling lives.
- Housing – activity which improves living conditions and tackles homelessness
- Social Care – activity which helps build strong communities and for people to live independent lives for longer.
- Mental Health – activity which improves awareness of mental health conditions or improves the help that people with mental health conditions get.
- Skills and Employability – activity which improves skills and readiness for education or employment.
- Decarbonisation – activities to tackle climate change
The application process is administered by the Youth Volunteering Officer at the Association of Voluntary Organisations in Wrexham, (AVOW) Vicky Bolton and the Youth Led Grants Panel, a peer group of 14 – 25 year olds from across Wrexham County Borough. ‘
Vicky explained: “This is a great opportunity for young people to make a difference in their community, by putting on an event, supporting a sports group, raising awareness for a worthy cause or local group they are a part of. The list is endless.”
Applications MUST be made by a young person but should be supported by an adult from their organisation and must be carried out within the boundaries of WCBC.
For more information about the grants, applications forms and guidance please email email@example.com or call us on 01978 312556
Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email News@Wrexham.com