A planning application to demolish a building in Gresford and replace it with a three story bar & restaurant - with flats on a third floor – has been earmarked for approval at the Council’s forthcoming planning meeting.
The plot in question is the white building on the left in the above picture.
The local Community Council has raised several objections saying they are ‘sufficient reasons to refuse the application’ :
- There is misleading information in the application relating to vehicles and parking arrangements.
- The three storey part of the building for residential use would be out of keeping with the character of the area and would result in the loss of privacy for the nearby residential occupiers.
- Limited parking already exists for residents and visitors on exceedingly narrow streets which are incapable of being widened at reasonable cost and the increased traffic – pedestrian, cars and delivery vehicles resulting from the proposals would exacerbate the problems.
- The change of use to licensed premises would result in increased noise and nuisance and traffic movements at all times and would result in a loss of amenity to residents.
- Increased dangers at a busy road junction controlled by traffic lights.
Highways recommends refusal, and the local member has also raised concerns.
Despite this it is recommended that the application be granted.
Discuss this with fellow wrexhamites our Wrexham Forums. Other recent threads on the forums include:
Protecting the Paedophiles - Which WCBC councillors voted for Jillings to be pulped??
Egerton / King Street Regeneration
Famous People spotted in Wrexham
Patient treatment needs utmost priority
Memorial Hall Soul Night