A brand new card offering an exciting way for you to support the local tourism scene whilst experiencing some of the best places to stay, eat and visit, has launched in Wrexham.
Based on similar schemes across the country, the ‘This is Wrexham’ card brings together a wealth of local businesses and offers exclusive discounts at venues across the county borough.
Launched by the team behind This is Wrexham partnership, the cards are available to buy at just £10 and can be used at a number outlets across Wrexham including Erddig, Chirk Castle, the Fat Boar and the Lemon Tree (to name but a few!)
Speaking at the launch of the card, This Is Wrexham’s Chairman Peter McGivern said: “The aim of launching our new card is two-fold. Firstly it provides a way of rewarding card holders with exclusive discounts at fantastic hotels, eateries and attractions.
“Also, visitors should know that the £10 they invest will also ensure that our team has funding to continue supporting our tourism businesses and complement the work of the Council’s tourism team to make Wrexham an even better place to visit! For example, some funds generated will help us train and support new employees in local tourism – so that they can become proud ambassadors for Wrexham.”
Applauding the willingness of tourism businesses in Wrexham to come together in such a way – Destination Manager at Wrexham County Borough Council Joe Bickerton added: “Similar schemes have worked to great effect in other parts of Wales and the UK – and we hope that the funds raised from the card will help the This Is Wrexham Partnership to ‘match-fund’ tourism grants that are only available to business-led groups – not the Local Authority.
“It’s a really exciting time for tourism in Wrexham County and we’re sure that this new scheme will firstly help local tourism businesses, secondly put money back into the local economy and ultimately continue to keep Wrexham’s ever growing tourism scene as buoyant as it has been in recent years.
So, where can you use your card? Either visit the This is Wrexham website or check out the list below. (We’re told more offers will be added soon!)
– Bangor on Dee Races – Enjoy 25% discount on a paddock enclosure ticket on any Bangor-On-Dee race day on production of the card.
– Holt Lodge Hotel – Enjoy 50% off all mains on the A La Carte menu on Fridays and Saturday evening using your This Is Wrexham Card (maximum 4 per card)
– Holt Lodge Hotel – £50 per room Fri – Sun on production of This Is Wrexham card
– The Lemon Tree Restaurant – 20% off your food bill or 10% off your accommodation (maximum 2 people per card)
– The Fat Boar, Wrexham – 25% off a la carte main courses on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday evenings (plus first 50 cards sold in the Fat Boar will receive £10 off their meal – any day of the week!).
– Trevor Basin Visitor Centre – 10% off retail items in the shop
– Lewis’s Farm Shop, Eyton – 10% off all food and drink products
– Oriel Wrecsam Shop – 10% discount off merchandise at the Oriel Wrecsam shop, Chester St
– Llyndir Hall Hotel – 20% off food and drinks in the restaurant
– Clays Touring Park, Wrexham – Enjoy 20% off your stay with a touring caravan Monday – Thursday on production of your card.
– Wrexham Tourist Information Centre – save 10% on retail products (excluding tickets)
– Caffi Wylfa, Chirk – 10% off in café per family of four on production of card
– Chirk Castle – 20% off hot main meals in cafe
Wrexham Museum – 20% discount in the café and 20% discount on retail items in the giftshop
Erddig Hall & Gardens – 20% discount at catering outlets at Erddig
Apollo Taxis – Save £20 off a return Manchester or Liverpool airport transfer
The Hand, Llanarmon – Free 125ml glass of wine or soft drink with a main meal
Ramada Plaza – £85 stay for up to a family of 4 including breakfast – any night of the week.
Nag’s Head Lavister – 20% off food bill