Gusts of over 40mph have hit Wrexham over the last 48 hours alongside heavy rain, causing disruption and inconvenience to many.
Picture gallery below!
Currently we are aware of the following today :
- Flooding in Holt as river levels reach their peak
- Prices Lane being closed off while a tree that fell was chopped up.
- Tree down in Park Avenue
- Power cuts in several areas of Wrexham including Bwlchgwyn with electricity not expected to return to some parts till 4pm
- Fences in High Town & Garden Village being blown out.
- Tiles blown off the roof in Overton
- Raised water levels in Bangor-on-Dee although the Met Office have removed their flood alert for the area
- What appeared to be a restaurant sign blown and smashed on the road on the way into Gresford.
- A rogue green recycling box being blown around Llay exit of the Gresford roundabout (with several of these blustering around town as well!).
- A drain blocked on the smaller mini roundabout by B & Q.
- Cover blown off a street light on Island Green which hit a car.
This is ontop of the expected debris found after high winds. We took a trip out and here is a small gallery of pictures. Follow, or tweet us @wrexham to let us know of any more you spot throughout the day/week!
Follow, or tweet us @wrexham to let us know of any more you spot throughout the day/week, or leave us a comment below !
Discuss this with fellow wrexhamites our Wrexham Forums. Other recent threads on the forums include:
Stop Naming the August Bank Holiday
Rate Rise ?
Rhosnessni and Clywedog Schools in Special Measures may have new style Governors
NEETs - not in employment educataion or trainining