Wrexham.com for people living in or visiting the wrexham area

Appeal For Information After Man Hospitalised In A534 Attack

NOTE: This content is old - Published: Friday, Apr 4th, 2014.

Update Friday Morning: North Wales Police are appealing for information after a man was assaulted in an incident on the A534.

Shortly after 4pm police were called to the incident on the A534 near Waterways Garden Centre. An ambulance was called and the man was taken to hospital with serious head injuries.

Enquiries are on-going and police are asking anyone with any information regarding this incident to contact them on 101.

Original Story:The A534 Wrexham to Holt Road was closed off for almost five hours after a man was attacked close by.

North Wales Police have told us the Wrexham Road was closed off immediately due to an ‘ongoing incident’ that was reported at around 4pm.

It is believed that the incident was public order related, and that someone was assaulted in the area around Waterways to the Holt Lodge.

We are told one ambulance attended the scene, and one male has been taken to the Maelor Hospital with head injuries due to the incident.

Local residents later told us the incident involved around three people, and a car that ‘crashed’. Another told of a person being ‘dragged from his car’, with someone who was driving past describing how they thought a golf club was being used to beat the man.

Police are appealing for information and anyone with info is asked to call 101.

The police helicopter went over the Wrexham.com offices in the town centre towards the area around 4:35pm.

The above picture was taken of the road closure when we did a U-turn in Holt Lodge at 5:30pm.

Diversions were put in place, with traffic being sent via Commonwood and the back roads around Borras.

UPDATE 7pm: The road remains closed with diversion signs up, however police activity has scaled down.

UPDATE 8:15pm Police expect that the A534 will reopen at around 8:30-40pm this evening.

UPDATE 8:40pm: As per the above update, the road has now been reopened with a local resident telling us ‘The tape has come down and the police are leaving’.

Share this now: