Heading into Wrexham town centre for bit of shopping today? Don’t forget there is now free parking in all council-owned car parks now available!
The month long free parking initiative comes into force today and will last until Sunday December 31st.
It follows on from a similar successful scheme last December and has been brought back to help boost footfall and trade in the town over the busy Christmas period.
While parking will be free in the council operated car parks only, last year there was some confusion over how long visitors could park for free, with some issued with parking tickets.
This year it has been made clearer that the time restrictions in place at the individual car parks will remain in place for the next month. So if you’re thinking of parking all day in the Library car park, which has a maximum parking time of two hours, you could end up with a ticket!
So bear in mind that while you won’t have to pay anything to park, you’ll still be subject to the maximum times of the individual car parks.
A list of all the long and short stay council operated car parks in the town centre can be found below:
– Crescent Road: two hours and over parking available
– Guildhall (Saturdays and Sundays only): two hours maximum
– Library: two hours maximum
– Market Street: two hours maximum
– Peoples Market: Levels 1/1a – maximum stay two hours. Levels 2 / 2a / 3 / 3a / 4 / 4a – over two hours
– St George’s Crescent: two hours maximum
– St Giles: two hours maximum
– Waterworld: over three hours available
Remember! It is only free to park in the council operated car parks in town – NOT privately owned ones such as Eagles Meadow, St Marks and Island Green (as examples) So don’t risk a ticket!