A planning application is in with plans to convert the former Cefn Bychan Methodist Chapel in Cefn Mawr to a three bedroom house.
The chapel dates from 1825 and it is described as a ‘virtually unaltered early 19th century chapel of fine vernacular character’.
The design and access statement (viewable as a PDF here) has interesting pages discussing water vapour, dew points and condensation.
Another section of note is the use of the word ‘insipid’ to describe the wrought iron railing around the boundary of the site – although the intention is to overhaul and preserve it!
The Chapel was closed around 1977.
Discuss this with fellow wrexhamites our Wrexham Forums. Other recent threads on the forums include:
A483 A55 Junction Changes
Protecting the Paedophiles - Which WCBC councillors voted for Jillings to be pulped??
Egerton / King Street Regeneration
Famous People spotted in Wrexham
Patient treatment needs utmost priority