Access to Wrexham Industrial Estate has long been an issue for Wrexham Council.
After a 20 year battle to secure funding work on the road finally started in 2011.
It has been paid for through £35m worth of Welsh Government funding.
The project was completed ahead of schedule and officially opened by Welsh AM Carl Sargeant on July 16th 2012.
The northern route runs from Borras roundabout in the north to Bryn Lane roundabout in the south, where it connects with the estate’s ring road adjacent to the JCB factory.
Meanwhile the southern route runs from the A525 at Cross Lanes in the south to the estate at Five Fords.
Below are two videos we took of the opening ceremony.
A fuller report can be found here.
Discuss this with fellow wrexhamites our Wrexham Forums. Other recent threads on the forums include:
Charlie's car wash, Gresford roundabout: ten out of ten
W.C.B.C Free bus pass for over 60's
Plaid Cymru Conference 2014
Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!
The Destruction of a Battalion - 1RWF Oct 1914
The Illustrated First World War