Est. 2011
Read 553,162 times in last 30 days *
Wrexham.com

Go Back   Wrexham.com Forums > Wrexham.com Forums > Wrexham & Surrounding Area Forum

Wrexham & Surrounding Area Forum Discussion of things in and around Wrexham.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Iceman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2013, 06:42 PM

Default Wrexham's Social Scene

We're conducting a survey to find out what the people of Wrexham are looking for in terms of licensed venues.
Please take 2 minutes to fill out this quick survey with your valuable opinions.
The answers are anonymous, and results will be compiled into a market research package as part of a business plan for a possible new venue in Wrexham.
Thanks for reading

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/H6BT85C
Old 12-02-2013, 09:36 PM

Default Re: Wrexham's Social Scene

Are you planning to knock any historic buildings down or introduce cheap booze offers?
Adam and zinger like this.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:45 AM

Default Re: Wrexham's Social Scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Are you planning to knock any historic buildings down or introduce cheap booze offers?
While I admit this new member currently failing to add further comments may not fill us with confidence I would like to think that any potential ventures of this kind may decide to look a little bit further than catering for the binge brigade. With Marston's recently deciding to sell off 'non-restaurant' pubs it would appear that the days of the old traditional watering hole may be over and these places may have to look at doing something a little bit differently? I can think of a few large former retail units with existing large car parks (generally unused in the evenings) which could possibly lend themselves for conversion to a venue that may not necessarily have a negative impact on our town. Perhaps a venue that could host live events (including but not restricted to music) within close proximity of the town centre could actually work? When I attend events at venues elsewhere I often go for something to eat beforehand and/or a drink afterwards. I would like to think that any potential investors would look a little bit further than simply building another venue that lends itself to the 'Booze Britain' culture. If they were not then why would they be interested in the findings of a survey of this kind? Of course it would be really good if OP would care to shed a bit more light on this for us.