Est. 2011
Read 684,416 times in last 30 days *
Wrexham.com

Go Back   Wrexham.com Forums > Wrexham.com Forums > Wrexham & Surrounding Area Forum

Wrexham & Surrounding Area Forum Discussion of things in and around Wrexham.

Like Tree20Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 02:04 PM

Default Wrexham's Beach

Is it April the 1st ?

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/need...5578-32769413/
Old 02-08-2013, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Wrexham's Beach

hmmm. Paris does it.

8,500k is a snip for a cheap national pr campaign. it has the potential for that.

uppers:
cheap national pr campaign
it would put a smile on a town not very happy with it self
made for drunk streaking at 3am on a friday night, isn't it?

downers:
Cafe nero is my favourite coffee shop, I'd be worried if people would think i was a perv, if i drank there.
Could backfire on the council during cuts.
made for drunk streaking at 3am on a friday night, isn't it? (yes put it down twice.)

i'd prefer for the local businesses especially iceland, bhs and cafe nero to pay for it. As they would all profit from it.
Welsh Dresser likes this.

Last edited by thewayneinspain; 02-08-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:01 PM
Wrexham.com'er

The Beach idea plus a couple of others , like independents day and other markets were listed on Town Centre Forum – February Meeting Report | Wrexham.com at the TCF meeting.

It seemed positively received there, and its worth looking at the 'whats on' guide stuff as well as ideas that may or may not happen.

All appear to be done to get people into the town centre!
Old 02-08-2013, 05:10 PM

The weather could make or break the idea if it becomes reality. If the weather is nice and lots of people attend the council would be congratulated but woe betide them if it fails.

I would pop along in my lunch break to watch if not participate as I do when the ice rink is in Queen's Square.

Something needs to be done to attract folk into the town centre.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:44 AM

Firstly, 8.5k is an expensive tax payer funded sand pit for layabouts and drunks to lie about on before going to pick up their benefits.

Secondly, what's going to happen when the drunken public use it as a toilet ? More expense.

Finally, why can't Wrexham concentrate on a stable good quality image instead of cheap tacky gimmicks for publicity ? And we still ask ourselves why Wrexham gets bad press.
thunderbirdskid and Robert like this.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:19 PM

Unfortunately some might use it as a litter box but if it's fitted with a lid or cover of some description it can be protected. It's only one of a couple of ideas being looked into. It may not become reality.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:47 PM

Rather tacky. I think it would be a great idea if there was a competition in the town to a proper beach in the Caribbean. This would give a poor soul a chance to escape for a week or two.

* Karaoke competition -This could bring the old drunks to Queen's square, Wrexham for a breath of fresh air.
* Fashion competition - A chance to see the well dressed....maybe not
* Arm wrestling competition - For those little ***** who think they are so tough.

8,500 could go towards sprucing up the town every little helps.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:32 PM

Rob, at the meeting did they discuss how they would judge its performance and its return on investment.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan View Post
Rather tacky. I think it would be a great idea if there was a competition in the town to a proper beach in the Caribbean. This would give a poor soul a chance to escape for a week or two.

* Karaoke competition -This could bring the old drunks to Queen's square, Wrexham for a breath of fresh air.
* Fashion competition - A chance to see the well dressed....maybe not
* Arm wrestling competition - For those little ***** who think they are so tough.

8,500 could go towards sprucing up the town every little helps.
I am not an old drunk, well I might be old but I drink in moderation. Would I be eligible to enter the karaoke? I sing like a rusty drum but am up for it lol.

I might be ok in the fashion competition. I NEVER do my shopping in my flannelette pjs and fluffy slippers so I might be in with a chance!

Now you've got me on the arm wrestling. My grips not too good and my muscles are not bulging but a bit of a tickle to my opponent might just sway it for me or is that cheating?
Old 02-10-2013, 12:22 PM
Wrexham.com'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewayneinspain View Post
Rob, at the meeting did they discuss how they would judge its performance and its return on investment.
No.

Basically the setup was the TCF asked for 'something to be done' in terms of more markets / town centre attractions / printed stuff, and the Council came back with some ideas and plans.

It is a little dammed if they do , dammed if they dont on that front.
Closed Thread