Est. 2011
Read 544,951 times in last 30 days *
Wrexham.com

Go Back   Wrexham.com Forums > Wrexham.com Forums > Wrexham & Surrounding Area Forum

Wrexham & Surrounding Area Forum Discussion of things in and around Wrexham.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 05:06 PM

Default Is Wrexham Busier this Christmas?

The town was very busy today, the overspill car park at the back of Tesco's normally almost empty was heaving by 10 o'clock. The Country Market stall in the People's Market had sold out of mince pies well before lunchtime and Eagles Meadow was bustling. Good to see people spending their money in the town!
Old 12-21-2012, 06:08 PM

Default Re: Is Wrexham Busier this Christmas?

more shoppers = more dips(that's a pickpocket to you) and they have to park somewhere!
Old 12-21-2012, 07:37 PM

You're real bundle of fun, aren't you !
Old 12-21-2012, 10:56 PM

Last week I walked out of Asda when I noticed a couple going through a whole meat display looking at the bbf dates on produce.

Are any of the forum consumed by this single day of shops closed madness ?

Yes, the shops are closed for a single day !

Consumerism driven idiots !
Old 12-22-2012, 12:43 PM

I do hope that the town centre has been busier but it didn't appear to be anything even like a Saturday in the old days, unless I am looking through rose tinted specs. Not normally venturing into Eagles Meadow, last week I went into 4 shops there looking for a special present & I came away without making a purchase. The big stores however did seem busy. For the first time ever I missed the Salvation Army playing carols which always makes me feel like Christmas. Merry Christmas to everyone.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:04 PM

i didnt seem to think it was that busy, went to town at 2pm, spaces in island green and eagles meadow cars parks. went to clinton cards, asda, next and boots plas coch didnt even have to que. wasnt stuck in traffic at all (amazing for wrexham!)

Really expected it to be mental, quite a pleasant shopping afternoon perhaps most were still in bed after going out on chav friday last night
Old 12-23-2012, 04:54 AM

Town has been quiet compared to previous years, which really makes me nervous as shops rely on the Christmas period.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:00 AM

If the number of cars in town equates to sales then today is definitely a bumper day!!
Old 12-24-2012, 11:44 AM

Sorry loads of spaces in the carparks more than your average Saturday.
Really feel sorry for those poor souls forced to work over Chrismas, more so for those working in retail where there isnt really a need for it.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:26 AM

Yesterday the Eagles Meadow car parks upper and lower were the busiest I have every seen them.