Est. 2011
Read 895,108 times in last 30 days *
Wrexham.com

Go Back   Wrexham.com Forums > Wrexham.com Forums > Wrexham & Surrounding Area Forum

Wrexham & Surrounding Area Forum Discussion of things in and around Wrexham.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 07:35 AM

Smile Wrexhams winter safety campaign

TAKE A LOOK AT THIS VIDEO USING THE LINK Winter Tyres v Summer Tyres: the Truth! - Auto Express - YouTube .IT WILL TAKE 5MINS AND COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE.WE WOULD ALSO WELCOME ANY THOUGHTS YOU HAVE TO SHARE REF MORE WINTER SAFTEY TIPS.?.?.?
Old 11-30-2012, 10:17 PM

Default Re: Wrexhams winter safety campaign

Not convinced by that. It's not very often in this country we drive on snow. We might on side roads at low speeds but most faster roads are gritted. Therefore winter tyres are going to wear out a lot quicker and be less stable. It's down to driving sensibly as well, as one of the comments said below that clip someone on snow doing 15mph with Summer tyres will stop quicker than someone at 30mph on winter tyres.
I admire your attempt to upsell Winter tyres though
Old 11-30-2012, 11:28 PM

I hate people using this to advertise, I hope they are paying the admin team,

a good cheep alternative to this is getting nitrogen for your car tyres not air, it'll keep the pressure consistant,

winter tyres over summer, have more rubber, so they are less likly to change shape / size,but most people buy budget plastic tyres anyways, so meh
Old 01-05-2013, 04:02 PM

Bit off topic, but I need your help.

Is there a trick for getting wheelnuts off that have been put on too tight?

I came to Ash tyres back in June and had new tyres fitted. One of these has developed a slow puncture. Tried to put spare on and we can't get the wheelnuts off as they are on too tight.

Haven't really got the time to come and see you, but if there is no alternative I guess i'll have too
Old 01-05-2013, 05:10 PM

Can you borrow a long breaker bar and socket from someone? You should be able to get them undone with one of those!
Old 01-05-2013, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
Can you borrow a long breaker bar and socket from someone? You should be able to get them undone with one of those!

Thanks for the suggestion, tried that and tried one of those 12v power wrench things and not budging. Just hoping they not bodged them and they will actually come off.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:17 PM

if they used a gun to put ur wheel nuts on, and u have alloys check them for cracks arouhd the holes, if so, they owe you a set of wheels,

there's a tyre place in minera which I was recomended on account of them having the police car contract for wrexham, I saw them fitting wheels on a merc with an air gun, shocking,
Old 01-06-2013, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryShopper View Post
if they used a gun to put ur wheel nuts on, and u have alloys check them for cracks arouhd the holes, if so, they owe you a set of wheels,

there's a tyre place in minera which I was recomended on account of them having the police car contract for wrexham, I saw them fitting wheels on a merc with an air gun, shocking,
As there is only one tyre place that i'm aware of in Minera, I've emailed them a link of your unproven accusation.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:33 AM

I use minera tyres and exhaust all the while and with a number of vehicles am often there. I've never seen wheels being tightened with air guns, they always use torque wrench bars and tighten to the click.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:51 PM

Nothing against the guy who owns the place, he's a nice guy, I got a good price, I just didn't like seeing the guns used, I didn't think the young lad who worked on my wheels did a decent job.

and that paininspain troll is getting annoying