Est. 2011
Read 879,682 times in last 30 days *
Wrexham.com

Go Back   Wrexham.com Forums > Wrexham.com Forums > Wrexham & Surrounding Area Forum

Wrexham & Surrounding Area Forum Discussion of things in and around Wrexham.

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 08:32 AM

Default Re: Fast Broadband in Wrexham ???

Can you get just fibre optic broadband without the TV packages and telephone ?
Old 12-18-2012, 04:18 PM

Just noticed the BT Infinity date for me (Wrexham Main exchange) has now been put back again to March 31 - it's been Dec31 for ages.
Superfast Broadband – Get Fibre Optic Broadband with BT Infinity

All the other checkers still show 31st Dec though. Anyone know which is correct?

@wrecsam_lad - yep I'm sure you can just get the fibre broadband. You don't have to get it through BT.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:27 AM

I emailed Openreach to find out the reason for the change of RFS date. Had the following reply:

Quote:
Thank you for your email

Information about the commercial fibre project can be found on the rollout site :-
Openreach - Superfast fibre broadband - Where and when

In your locality work is ongoing and at present the estimated date for Wrexham cabinet 2 enablement is close February 2013 assuming there are no major issues. Your Communications Provider (CP) is responsible for all aspects of your service including advising on the services they can supply at your address. Please contact your CP to register your interest so they are aware and can contact you at such time in the future as they have additional information.

Many thanks
Peter Dean
I think unless you've been enabled already (some cabs on the Wrexham exchange have been enabled), you're probably looking at February before you can order, and March before it's installed.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjgw View Post
I emailed Openreach to find out the reason for the change of RFS date. Had the following reply:

I think unless you've been enabled already (some cabs on the Wrexham exchange have been enabled), you're probably looking at February before you can order, and March before it's installed.
Thanks for that rjgw. Think you're right seems to be just specific areas/cabinets, my parents are on same exchange and they can order now.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:26 PM

Just checked my exchange, Rhosllanerchrugog, and there are no plans for fast broadband for the next 2 years or more.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:31 PM

Should these improvements increase the standard broadband speed
Old 12-27-2012, 02:24 PM

Yes Chris. Full speed Fibre is 160Mbps download.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:38 PM

You will need to order a fibre product though; you will not see any improvements on a normal broadband product.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:37 AM

Received a email from talk talk on Christmas Day advising that super fast fibre broadband was now available in my area ( holt road, near greyhound pub / hand pub ).

I had registered my interest back in October and they advised they would let me know when available

Phoned talk talk on the 26th December only to be told " No" it's not quite ready Doh

All talk talk advised was it is imminent

Had Anyone in my area been enabled ?

Cheers
Old 12-31-2012, 10:37 AM

Unbelievably annoying. Like a lot of people I've been monitoring this.
Spotted the open reach vans around the street doing the work last month and started getting excited!

I don't know of anyone that is able to order on the Wrexham (Grosvenor road) exchange yet despite the Openreach checker saying its accepting orders (Openreach - Superfast fibre broadband - Where and when).

Anyone in the area that had fibre will be on the Wrexham North exchange which serves brymbo, gresford, gwersyllt, that side of Wrexham.
That's been available for a while now.

AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!