Est. 2011
Read 868,568 times in last 30 days *
Wrexham.com

Go Back   Wrexham.com Forums > Wrexham.com Forums > Wrexham & Surrounding Area Forum

Wrexham & Surrounding Area Forum Discussion of things in and around Wrexham.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2014, 04:09 PM

Default Disrespectful Neighbours

Hi. Can anyone offer me some advice please? I live in Llay and a few months ago we got new neighbours on a Saturday. On the Sunday we had to ask him twice within one hour to move his car from across our drive because we couldn't get our cars out. Now every other week he has visitors to his house and they keep doing it too. We have asked him to tell his friends not to do it and nothing is being done. His attitude is we should just knock on his door when we want to go out. But why should we have to ask permission to leave our own home and go about our business at the weekend? Will the police do anything or do we need to go to someone else for help? Any advice would be great.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Disrespectful Neighbours

Despite what you may think, unless the cars are uninsured (that includes having no valid RFL or MOT) they're not breaking the law. It's something you've got to resolve with him/them.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:25 PM

It is against the law. I have spoke to the police since I posted this thread. It is in the highways law 2004 that obstructing someone's driveway is called willfull obstruction and he can have his car towed away.
zinger likes this.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:08 AM

It's only willful if they are parking there with the express idea of upsetting you and refuse to move it, and in your original post you say that he will move it when you ask.

Last edited by AMA Express; 07-20-2014 at 11:12 AM.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:04 PM

In my opinion involving the police will just escalate the matter, your neighbour will just go and find another way of annoying you instead. Sounds like you just have a very awkward neighbour.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:41 PM

The police told me that the next time it happens to ring them and an officer will come and issue a fixed penalty fine. That's good enough for me. They won't do it again.
Wrecsam_lad likes this.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:08 PM

Stick a sign up. If that doesn't work get some cones
Old 07-20-2014, 08:43 PM

It's bad manners.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big H View Post
In my opinion involving the police will just escalate the matter, your neighbour will just go and find another way of annoying you instead. Sounds like you just have a very awkward neighbour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielkg View Post
Stick a sign up. If that doesn't work get some cones
I agree with both of those, maybe you could get a sign up that says "NO PARKING, DRIVEWAY INCONSTANT USE"
Or you could take a page out of the Axel Foley rulebook and invoke the good old banana up the tail pipe maneuver ;-)

Good luck getting it sorted.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:36 AM

A slightly difficult conversation I appreciate, but how about just telling / asking him as you feel it is too much?!
I completely agree with your issue and I would take action too. But sometimes just talking helps.
It has to be a better first line approach rather than signs and police.
If I was the neighbour I would appreciate that more than going directly to the actions you are discussing.
zinger likes this.