Est. 2011
Read 672,926 times in last 30 days *
Wrexham.com

Go Back   Wrexham.com Forums > Wrexham.com Forums > Wrexham & Surrounding Area Forum

Wrexham & Surrounding Area Forum Discussion of things in and around Wrexham.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2014, 01:12 PM

Default Acton Motorbike Crash

I am confused

The headline on your site says a Teenager on a motorbike was involved in a crash, however their is no way that bike is 50cc, I would be very surprised if it was a 125cc.

Medium motorbikes up to 35 kW - Age 19+
Motorbikes unlimited in size/power - Age 21+ or 24+

The photo and headline do not appear to match? Hope everyone makes a full recovery.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:23 PM
Wrexham.com'er

Default Re: Acton Motorbike Crash

I might have got the wrong end of the stick and I cant say I am a motorbike expert - however the info was from North Wales Police mentioning 'motorbike and a Toyota Yaris' involved in the crash, and 'the rider of the motorbike, a teenage boy'.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:28 PM

I may be wrong, it just looks like a 400cc or 600cc bike to me?
Old 05-20-2014, 06:47 PM

Does it really matter ?
Old 05-20-2014, 07:52 PM

From what I heard, the bike was stolen, so I don't think licensing laws come into it.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:29 AM

The lad is 15.

Sadly, this isn't a surprise. I tried to call 101 about a week previous to this as there were 4 of them on 2 bikes racing down Cefn Rd from Industrial Estate on trial bikes. The way they were driving was seriously erratic with no regard to other road users.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I am confused

The headline on your site says a Teenager on a motorbike was involved in a crash, however their is no way that bike is 50cc, I would be very surprised if it was a 125cc.

Medium motorbikes up to 35 kW - Age 19+
Motorbikes unlimited in size/power - Age 21+ or 24+

The photo and headline do not appear to match? Hope everyone makes a full recovery.
My husband said exactly the same thing about the bike - that a teenager couldn't have been riding it legally so it makes sense to read the later comment that it was stolen.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:47 AM

I too heard it was stolen. Bike looks like a 400 or 600 cc too. Just glad he didn't hurt anyone else too badly.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:32 PM

The sad thing about this case is that a youngster has been injured after stealing property that is effectively a deadly weapon in the wrong hands and the driver of the vehicle will clearly have this in their conscious for a long time to come with horrible flash backs.
If he is only 15 a few years ago he might have had the opportunity of having fun at a Youth Club -- current Council closure programme has put paid to that. How many more incidents will have to occur before the closure of activities shows the problems in the Council policy.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:35 PM

Come on Dylan, some lowlife dipstick steals something expensive that someone has paid a lot of money for, rides it like an idiot into some innocent person's car and, wreck it, wreck them, wreck the bike and you seriously blame the Council policy. If I was alowed to swear on here I would, you ducking prcik!