Est. 2011
Read 681,966 times in last 30 days *
Wrexham.com

Go Back   Wrexham.com Forums > Wrexham.com Forums > Wrexham & Surrounding Area Forum

Wrexham & Surrounding Area Forum Discussion of things in and around Wrexham.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2014, 08:16 AM
Wrexham.com'er

Default A483 A55 Junction Changes

Plans are out in this article First Look At A483 / A55 Junction Changes | Wrexham.com

It appears it will be major works, but no 'side lane' off to the A55 as was mooted initially.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:36 PM

Default Re: A483 A55 Junction Changes

5.3 million just to remove a roundabout and install traffic lights. How much would a proper motorway junction cost?
Old 04-24-2014, 03:36 PM

What a waste of time and money, all this so called improvement will do is make it ten times worse
Old 04-24-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beedar View Post
What a waste of time and money, all this so called improvement will do is make it ten times worse
Its difficult to see that the removal of the roundabout and replacing it with two sets of traffic lights will make the situation any better.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beedar View Post
Wonder if our excellent highways people ever thought about designing a contract that allowed an agent ( Balfours ) to generate additional returns ( or better still fewer penalties ) if new schemes were actually PROVED to reduce congestion ?

Then again, I guess the stats can always be managed to produce the desired outcome.

Just make sure the traffic lights work eh !
( I'm not even confident they'll manage that )
Old 04-25-2014, 10:23 AM
Wrexham.com'er

One good suggestion I have seen is to get rough hill to link with the new junction to save the second set of lights.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:29 AM

Here's my actual point I guess...

I just get the feeling that traffic lights seem to fail these days far more than they ever used to. Ruthin Rd / A483 Jctn are particulary dodgy I feel.

Imagine the chaos at the Old Rd / A483 Jctn if these ever decide to play up ?
Old 04-25-2014, 11:07 AM

I use this junction every day. in my opinion, if the junction had been by the Deeside Industrial Estate, we would have had direct access from the A483 to A55 and vice versa. Its a short term solution for what will be a nightmare in the long term.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:21 PM

One thing I think they are doing wrong on the proposed plans is the addition of a right turn +lights at the "rough hill " junction. Surely it would be better to direct this "side road" to access the new Pulford "lights " junction, modify this set to give a right turn from Chester, thus cutting out one set of lights between this and the main A55 roundabout.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1williams View Post
I use this junction every day. in my opinion, if the junction had been by the Deeside Industrial Estate, we would have had direct access from the A483 to A55 and vice versa. Its a short term solution for what will be a nightmare in the long term.
That's what I've been saying for 7 years of using the junction, bizarrely years ago they put a link lane from Posthouse direction straight round left onto 55 but they're not doing it for us going from Wrexham to the 55!! Another couple of years and we'll be sitting here saying it's still congested. I think the only winners here will be those coming from Rossett direction at 5pm rush hour as it's a nightmare for them to get out of there.