Est. 2011
Read 680,814 times in last 30 days *
Wrexham.com

Go Back   Wrexham.com Forums > Wrexham.com Forums > Wrexham & Surrounding Area Forum


Wrexham & Surrounding Area Forum Discussion of things in and around Wrexham.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-10-2014, 07:17 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 309
Default Big Killer hits Wrexham

Controversy of the day!!
According to latest research one third of the population in Wrexham are obese with all the associated illnesses of heart, liver, cancers and many more. This shows more than ever that people are unable to control what they are eating or cant afford the right sort of foods and dare I say lack of exercise which will increase with less leisure facilities.
This is an issue we can't blame the Council for but only ourselves -- perhaps everyone should adopt someone they think is obese and every time they are seen eating fatty/unhealthy foods should be permitted to take it off them!! Clearly lots of people need help to change their life style.
A fantastic business opportunity for someone is to open a truly healthy take away and restaurant.
All chip shops and kebab houses should be closed.
This is not about Big Brother removing choice but why should all of us who lead healthy lifestyles have our taxes used to treat people with health ailments that are self inflicted (apology to those who have conditions that prevent control).
This really is one of those instances of everyone needs to get off their backsides (literally) and do something about this epidemic before their is no health capacity in the system to treat those patients who do not have self inflicted conditions.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-10-2014, 08:35 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 97
Default Re: Big Killer hits Wrexham

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99DylanJones View Post
Controversy of the day!!
According to latest research one third of the population in Wrexham are obese with all the associated illnesses of heart, liver, cancers and many more. This shows more than ever that people are unable to control what they are eating or cant afford the right sort of foods and dare I say lack of exercise which will increase with less leisure facilities.
This is an issue we can't blame the Council for but only ourselves -- perhaps everyone should adopt someone they think is obese and every time they are seen eating fatty/unhealthy foods should be permitted to take it off them!! Clearly lots of people need help to change their life style.
A fantastic business opportunity for someone is to open a truly healthy take away and restaurant.
All chip shops and kebab houses should be closed.
This is not about Big Brother removing choice but why should all of us who lead healthy lifestyles have our taxes used to treat people with health ailments that are self inflicted (apology to those who have conditions that prevent control).
This really is one of those instances of everyone needs to get off their backsides (literally) and do something about this epidemic before their is no health capacity in the system to treat those patients who do not have self inflicted conditions.
I think it should go further, there should be an opening or gate or something like, set at a certain gap and anyone who cannot get through the gap should be automatically exterminated...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-10-2014, 10:34 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 497
Default Re: Big Killer hits Wrexham

Perhaps the same system should also be used for those at the opposite end of the spectrum. Too skinny. They come with dietary problems. Irritable bowel etc.
What about sports injuries. Playing football is pretty dangerous, riding a bike - you might fall off. Heaven forbid that someone should slip on a banana skin.
Some health conditions are hereditary. Should they walk around with signs on their heads stating their condition. Many people are now living into their 100's. They must never have smoked, drank or eaten chocolate. Yeah right.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-10-2014, 10:41 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 140
Default Re: Big Killer hits Wrexham

Whilst we are on this bandwagon, should the public purse be used to rescue and treat people who in their wisdom decide to stroll up mountains in flip flops with 6 inches of snow on the ground whilst blowing a force 10 gale?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-10-2014, 01:57 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 180
Default Re: Big Killer hits Wrexham

I thought it was announced this week that Wrexham is a UK hotspot for love cheats? Take it these people like a bit of meat on the bone then..?!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-10-2014, 05:46 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 59
Default Re: Big Killer hits Wrexham

"perhaps everyone should adopt someone they think is obese and every time they are seen eating fatty/unhealthy foods should be permitted to take it off them!! "

I offered to adopt Mrs Ferret. There won't be any more little ferrets for the forseeable future.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-10-2014, 09:29 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 309
Default Re: Big Killer hits Wrexham

Said it was controversial and clearly differing view.
Just a correction for JohnHoppy re public purse and walkers. There is actually very little public purse funding that goes to the various Mountain Rescue teams around the country as they are all volunteers who have to raise their own funds for rescue equipment. The Government only allows certain VAT exemption. There are of course the others services such as ambulance once the person/s have been brought off a mountain. Perhaps any one taking part in certain types of sport activity should have an insurance in place to cover any costs. Certainly if you have a car accident and require an ambulance you can expect an invoice from the Health Service to claim against the car insurance.
I also fully accept that some forms of obesity are genetic - I was really trying to highlight those that have a personal responsibility due to lack of self control on the types of food eaten and the fact that shops and manufactures add unhealthy ingredients to stimulate taste buds to want to eat more.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-11-2014, 07:21 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 97
Exclamation Re: Big Killer hits Wrexham

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99DylanJones View Post
Said it was controversial and clearly differing view.
Just a correction for JohnHoppy re public purse and walkers. There is actually very little public purse funding that goes to the various Mountain Rescue teams around the country as they are all volunteers who have to raise their own funds for rescue equipment. The Government only allows certain VAT exemption. There are of course the others services such as ambulance once the person/s have been brought off a mountain. Perhaps any one taking part in certain types of sport activity should have an insurance in place to cover any costs. Certainly if you have a car accident and require an ambulance you can expect an invoice from the Health Service to claim against the car insurance.
I also fully accept that some forms of obesity are genetic - I was really trying to highlight those that have a personal responsibility due to lack of self control on the types of food eaten and the fact that shops and manufactures add unhealthy ingredients to stimulate taste buds to want to eat more.
You are not saying it was a serious thread/post are you ????

"perhaps everyone should adopt someone they think is obese and every time they are seen eating fatty/unhealthy foods should be permitted to take it off them!!"

"This is not about Big Brother removing choice" REALLY.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-11-2014, 07:45 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 309
Default Re: Big Killer hits Wrexham

If you saw someone at risk of harm on a road - would you stop them?
If you saw someone at risk of harm from eating- would you stop them?

There is choice on both sides in both these situations. Very difficult dilemma.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-11-2014, 01:58 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 97
Default Re: Big Killer hits Wrexham

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99DylanJones View Post
If you saw someone at risk of harm on a road - would you stop them?
If you saw someone at risk of harm from eating- would you stop them?

There is choice on both sides in both these situations. Very difficult dilemma.

Ahgggggggggg ... It was serious.. deary deary me
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of Wrexham.com .
IP addresses and other information of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:19 PM. - - Top


1 2 3