Est. 2011
Read 933,216 times in last 30 days *
Wrexham.com

Go Back   Wrexham.com Forums > Wrexham.com Forums > Wrexham & Surrounding Area Forum

Wrexham & Surrounding Area Forum Discussion of things in and around Wrexham.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2014, 03:19 PM

Default Postal problems

Is it just me, or has something odd been happening with postal deliveries in Wrexham over the last 2-3 weeks?

I live in Gwersyllt, and our post rarely arrives before 2.30 now - one day last week it came at 4.55pm There have ben occasions, too, when we have received post for addresses other than our own - on the worst day 4 others in one go

In addition, I am waiting for 2 parcels that were dispatched from different parts of the UK 10 days ago, but there is no sign of either.

Is it just Gwersyllt, or is this type of thing happening across Wrexham these days?
Old 03-06-2014, 05:09 PM
Default Re: Postal problems

No, it's not just you at all. The last few weeks we've been getting our post about 4.30pm.
I don't know why, maybe someone from the Post office will come on and explain why.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:33 PM
Wrexham.com'er

It has been getting later and later - and its not like prices to post things have been going down!!
Old 03-06-2014, 05:56 PM

Gone are the days you would wake up to having the mail delivered before going out to work.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:02 PM

Posted a letter 2nd class yesterday afternoon and had confirmation that it was received this morning. I know that it was reasonably local but even so....
Old 03-07-2014, 08:41 AM

I posted a small parcel recently and it disappeared all together. Only offer of compensation was a book of stamps!
Old 03-08-2014, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJones View Post
I posted a small parcel recently and it disappeared all together. Only offer of compensation was a book of stamps!
I once had same compensation for an ebay parcel that went missing. One year later the parcel was returned to me as buyer had not collected!
Also I wish postmen would not drop rubber bands as dogs will pick up and swallow them