Forum Replies Created
I thought the council weren’t going to allow any other roadworks on main routes while this closure was in place?
Makes me laugh, close Stansty Bridge, then undertake works on Grosvenor Road and then Chester Road ffs lol !
Why not close off other diversion roads at the same time? Seems to make sense to Wrexham council! Mold Road, Rhosddu Road, close them, it’ll be fine :D
As a pedestrian, I hate cyclists on the pavements, as a car driver, I hate them on the road, but either way, it’s a human that’s out and about, whether for exercise or work I give them the respect and room they need, as long as they have the same respect back :)
I think they are out of hibernation now, I saw them On Dodds Lane in Gwersyllt on Monday.
They have new camouflage and are in a new ‘compact’ van, so harder to spot!
From what I remember, this project also asked for public help and people were asked to donate money towards it in return for having a name engraved on a plaque/brick/something similar.
As it was so long ago, I can’t remember the full details, but maybe someone else does.
I also donated a few pounds, maybe other people did too? Where has this money gone?September 14, 2016 at 12:56 am in reply to: Recycling ‘Wheelie Boxes’ To Be Rolled Out To 13,000 Wrexham Properties #119252
I’m also unhappy with the new black box and blue bag we’ve been issued with for several reasons:
1. It’s yet another ‘missile’ to be launched against my gates or car by the binmen.
2. If the binmen don’t manage to launch it correctly against my gates or car then I have to spend my time looking around for it and guessing which part of the street it could be in.
3. It hasn’t got a lid, so neighbours/anyone walking past can see what I eat and drink and which supermarkets I shop in. Gossip will begin about how I like a couple of Buds with a Bolognese made with Smart Price sauce, etc. Lol :D So, all glass will end up in general waste.
4. The blue bag will disappear within a couple of weeks, yet we can’t put corrugated cardboard in the green bin anymore and we can’t be bothered ringing for a new blue bag every couple of weeks, so all cardboard will end up in general waste.
5. Where the f**k are we supposed to put these extra boxes/bags?
6. Why should we have to keep making extra trips to take out boxes/bags/bins every week. The council get paid for all our recycled waste and the binmen get paid a decent wage to do their job, yet we end up doing the job for them and we get charged more and more council tax every year!
As the starter of this thread, I’d like to thank Asda for finally listening to all the complaints and finally removing the speed bumps.
The first one has been replaced by a much more acceptable speed bump and the one by the zebra crossing has been removed completely.
I don’t turn left at the roundabout, so don’t know if the third one is still there, been ‘remodelled’ or removed, but I’m glad those other ridiculous bumps have gone.
<p abp=”206″>people can laugh at this but some one will be killed here very soon hope its not my son or any other kid on our street<br abp=”207″>
all the cars do is speed up something needs to be done or does some one have to die first
Strange priorities have some people. Have you ever considered about keeping your brat(s) locked up and out of the road?
Just a thought
Excellent, totally agree! :)
Evening/Night time recovery/help centre would have been a much more ‘user friendly’ name and one that most people, whether from the area or not, could relate to.
Hafan y Dref sounds like it’s an housing estate or school.
Maybe a word with Asda’s speed bump department would help sort it out! No one would even drive through!
I also think it should be called Wrexham or North Wales prison. Why make it complicated?
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .