Zebra Crossing Garden Villiage

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Zebra Crossing Garden Villiage

• Author

wxmlad
    Participant

Now this is a scarey walk, cars….esp coming up the hill from Gresford do not like stopping at this crossing. It has come to the point that I never use this crossing as it is safer to take a chance & cross as normal. Cars may stop in one direction but the other carriageway just carry on

If there were cameras on the crossing it would be a real money spinner!

beedar
    Participant

The one by Stevie’s chippy on Bradley Road is a death trap too, whoever made the decision to put a zebra crossing there needs sectioning

Andy
    Participant

No. The crossing is not a death trap. The muppet drivers are the death trap.

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Hey, If you are referring to me there Andy, I always slow down as I approach a zebra crossing, and even wave the pedestrian across…then at the last possible second – floor it and wheel spin past, gaining extra points for spinning the doddering old git around! Ha-ha-ha-ha, that’s why they took my bus licence off me!

MP1953
    Participant

@Andy 19638 wrote:

No. The crossing is not a death trap. The muppet drivers are the death trap.

Is it not still the law that if a pedestrian is waiting to cross at a crossing cars are obliged to stop, BUT here we go again :D who would enforce this these days..:rolleyes:

Rob
    Participant

Saw the Bala bus zoom straight through this the other day when someone was stepping out.

Not sure what can be done in a practical way though.

wid9999
    Participant

Has there been an accident in the last twenty years due to it?
    Probably not worth getting too worked up about if not and let people use their common sense.
    I always felt the added one way system around Gresford church was crazy “to safeguard” despite the lack of problems.
    (Of course the police were there keen enough to ticket everyone turning into the no entry on the day the signs went up!)

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Ken Skates outlines plans to improve Transport for Wales services in Wrexham and beyond

News

“Lots of Wrexham routes make perfect sense for review” – Ken Skates on 20 MPH

News

Eisteddfod proclamation on Saturday will be ‘full of colour’

News

“Constructive” meeting over odour complaints at Hafod landfill

News

Hundreds facing cancer treatment delays as waiting times hit second-worst on record

News

Thrilling new water park to waves in North Wales seaside town

News