Your forum posts could have won a tenner! (2012)

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Your forum posts could have won a tenner! (2012)

• Author

Rob
    Participant

We have some new stuff rolling out over the coming month – not just our new swish website design!

To try and do something fun and hopefully useful we are running a small competition for people who interact :D

Basically every week we will be picking out a forum post, thread starter , tweeter , emailer , generally anyone using the site or interacting – and award a Wrexham Tenner

Plus – if you send us picture proof that you spent the tenner in / around town you will be entered into a draw to win £100 on top!

The aim being there to put it back into the local economy!! :)

WreX-iT
    Participant

Taking you all away from riots, viruses, shops re-opening and all the crap going on this year, can I ask if anyone ever won any money or was Rob running a scam? (obviously not Rob)

What would you spend a tenner on in Wrexham in 2012?

Matt
    Participant

If I win a tenner I’m going to put it towards Sarah Atherton getting social media lessons.

Or maybe just buy her a copy in a local bookstore of ‘How to Win Friends and Influence People’.

Only just realised that this was from 2012!

R T
    Keymaster

A blast from the past (to anyone reading this in 2020 – this was from 2012!) and yes think it got to low double figures. It would be good to try and revive some of the early idealistic ideas…

Councillor X
    Participant

Oh Matt did the teachers not tell you to read the question properly first?

I would have bought a sh*t load of stamps because first class were 46p and are now 76p so that is 30p profit on each one but I don’t have a calculator to work out how many stamps I would have. I would still have nearly all of them too because I only send a xmas card to Matt.

Rob – over 8 years of Wrexham.com where has the time gone? You never picked up on my suggestion of a Page 3 bird so I never got my tenner.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News