You couldn't make it up.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum You couldn't make it up.

• Author

thetown
    Participant

MY girlfriend actually got stopped for speeding on this stretch of road she was doing 56mph with cars passing her doing 70 mph,as she did not want to make matters worse she did not mention this to the policeman,he was not to pleased when she did not stop straight away because there is not a lay-by until much further down the road,he asked her why did you not stop straight away and did you not see my lights flashing you.She just told him she was not going to park on the side of the road and cause a accident.A warning was given

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=170192]MY girlfriend actually got stopped for speeding on this stretch of road she was doing 56mph with cars passing her doing 70 mph,as she did not want to make matters worse she did not mention this to the policeman,he was not to pleased when she did not stop straight away because there is not a lay-by until much further down the road,he asked her why did you not stop straight away and did you not see my lights flashing you.She just told him she was not going to park on the side of the road and cause a accident.A warning was given[/quote]

My guess is that she only got a warning because she was not doing a ticketable (in guiding principle) speed. In order for that to be the case in a 50mph stretch she’d have had to have been doing 57mph – which is the usual speed limit + 10% + a tolerance of 2mph – so 50 + 5 + 2. So the warning would have been part of their education on speeding – although it is beyond me why someone doing a much lower speed than those going past was targeted when they could have ticketed one of the 70mph drivers and earned a fine.

Liam
    Participant

A report on the impact of the new homes on Gatewen Road in New Broughton shows it will increase queuing times at the Ramada roundabout by four minutes. Surely the pollution created by this and other new developments under the Welsh Government guided LDP will offset any supposed benefits of the 50mph zone?

AMA Express
    Participant

The “10% +” tolerance on speeding no longer exists these days. If you’re caught doing a mere 1mph over the posted limit you’re liable to prosecution.

IMHO
    Participant

[quote quote=170201]The “10% +” tolerance on speeding no longer exists these days. If you’re caught doing a mere 1mph over the posted limit you’re liable to prosecution.[/quote]

This taken from the GoSafe website where it states the criterion for being offered a speed awareness course.
    It specifies the minimum and maximum tolerance.

“Speed has to be within 10% plus 2 and 10% plus 9 of the speed limit”.

The lower speed is what they work to when deciding if you are to receive a NIP (notice of intended prosecution) in other words the threshold for prosecution is 35 in a 30. It is theoretically possible to be done at 31 in a 30 but, these days, unlikely.

AMA Express
    Participant

According to a National Police Chiefs’ Council (NPCC) spokesperson that the rule is a “guidance” and “not part of legislation.”

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/1027254/Speeding-ticket-fine-10-percent-tolerance-fine-points

LadyK
    Participant

You say we’re being led by donkeys. My father told me that if a donkey wearing a red jacket turned up as a candidate most of Wrexham would vote for it….. All that to one side, the problem in this case stems from people unknowingly or not, wanting to make a name for themselves by leaving a legacy instead of just doing the job they are supposed to do. It’s very easy to get caught up in report after report, rush from meeting to meeting without taking a step back to evaluate what’s going on. I wonder, has she tried this in Cardiff?. You can’t even take the car out for a good run these days. My SatNav doesn’t recognise the change in speed limits so I pity the visitors to Wrexham when the speed cameras go in. Wrexham will become an expensive destination, perhaps the Destination Manager can throw his weight into the matter.

IMHO
    Participant

[quote quote=170230]According to a National Police Chiefs’ Council (NPCC) spokesperson that the rule is a “guidance” and “not part of legislation.”

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/1027254/Speeding-ticket-fine-10-percent-tolerance-fine-points[/quote]

Yes, as i said, it’s still feasable to get pinched for 1 mph. over but, not likely due to the GoSafe policy.

AMA Express
    Participant

[quote quote=170231]My SatNav doesn’t recognise the change in speed limits so I pity the visitors to Wrexham when the speed cameras go in. Wrexham will become an expensive destination, perhaps the Destination Manager can throw his weight into the matter.[/quote]

Too many people rely totally on SatNavs. Roads and speed limits are changing all the time and the SatNav developers can’t keep up with them. Also, many people buy SatNavs or have vehicles with them fitted, don’t have them updated regularly. Read the roadsigns.

LadyK
    Participant

Fair point AMA Express

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News