Wrexhams winter safety campaign

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexhams winter safety campaign

• Author

thewayneinspain
    Participant

@angryShopper 2976 wrote:

Nothing against the guy who owns the place, he’s a nice guy, I got a good price, I just didn’t like seeing the guns used, I didn’t think the young lad who worked on my wheels did a decent job.

and that paininspain troll is getting annoying :)

abusive.

During times of a recession, I think any malicous statement against a local business that has no substance should be pointed out to the company that it is against. People’s livelihoods are being affected.

Born Acorn
    Participant

@angryShopper 2976 wrote:

Nothing against the guy who owns the place, he’s a nice guy, I got a good price, I just didn’t like seeing the guns used, I didn’t think the young lad who worked on my wheels did a decent job.

and that paininspain troll is getting annoying :)

A troll would merely say something controversially provocate to evoke a response for their own amusement. I don’t think there’s any need to accuse anyone on this forum of being a troll; from what I can see wayneinspain has just called you out on some of your statements.

Back to the topic, anyway! I have used Minera tyres many times due to them being the closest. I’ve not seen any guns used on my car, but usually it’s because they have to do the car across the lane from the garage, where none would reach! They get a lot of business for a small site.

I used Wrexham Tyres last time however as they had a good quality budget tyre in, they did use a gun, and strangely a week later after hearing a “THUMP” while driving, I checked my passenger side front wheel to find a nut missing!

michellecook
    Participant

Hmmm, looks like he is only using the site to advertise :(

Finally managed to get wheel off last night after a great deal of brute force. Won’t be using them again.

angryShopper
    Participant

They have the police contract wayne, I wouldn’t worry about ther level of business,

Hi-Speed tyres btw right in town near the remploy shop, not the factory, very good service, reasonable rates had to use them the other day to pick a few thorns out of a tyre and patch it up for me, big love to farmers of wrexham for cutting their hedges and leavin it all over the roads

thewayneinspain
    Participant

@angryShopper 3006 wrote:

They have the police contract wayne, I wouldn’t worry about ther level of business,

Hi-Speed tyres btw right in town near the remploy shop, not the factory, very good service, reasonable rates had to use them the other day to pick a few thorns out of a tyre and patch it up for me, big love to farmers of wrexham for cutting their hedges and leavin it all over the roads

what proof do you have that a thorn from a farmer’s hedge was the one that allegedly ended up in your tyre?

I care deeply for a better wrexham, a successful local business is an important aspect of that, as the stronger the local economy the more cash it will generate and local businesses doing business with each other increase the recycling of money with the local area, whilst also generating more tax revenue for government.

michellecook
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 3008 wrote:

what proof do you have that a thorn from a farmer’s hedge was the one that allegedly ended up in your tyre?

To be fair, that has happened to me a few times. One time it did two tyres in one go. Had no idea it happened until I got in my car to come home and found 2 flat tyres on passenger side. Was garage that told me it was thorns.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

@michellecook 3021 wrote:

To be fair, that has happened to me a few times. One time it did two tyres in one go. Had no idea it happened until I got in my car to come home and found 2 flat tyres on passenger side. Was garage that told me it was thorns.

it can be a thorn, as there should be a thorn lodged in tyre, if that was the case, but he will have absolute no proof that it came from a farmer’s hedge. What right has he to slur another part of the wrexham community, when again he has no proof?

michellecook
    Participant

It’s a pretty fair assumption. Mine happened just after I had travelled down Cefn Road to Industrial Estate where a farmer had just been cutting the roadside hedges.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

@michellecook 3025 wrote:

It’s a pretty fair assumption. Mine happened just after I had travelled down Cefn Road to Industrial Estate where a farmer had just been cutting the roadside hedges.

It’s not even a fair assumption. Had you checked to see if the hedges contain thorns? Could it have blown from a residents compost heap? Could it have blown from a rose garden? Could it have blown from a council’s kept land? Could it have blown from a resident’s car whilst on the way to the recycling plant? Could it have blown from the green waste truck, Had you travelled anywhere else where there could have been thorns since the last time you checked your tyres, etc? Scientifically, there are too many extraneous variables to call an assumption.

michellecook
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 3026 wrote:

It’s not even a fair assumption. Had you checked to see if the hedges contain thorns? Could it have blown from a residents compost heap? Could it have blown from a rose garden? Could it have blown from a council’s kept land? Could it have blown from a resident’s car whilst on the way to the recycling plant? Could it have blown from the green waste truck, Had you travelled anywhere else where there could have been thorns since the last time you checked your tyres, etc? Scientifically, there are too many extraneous variables to call an assumption.

No residents on that stretch, recycling plant did not exist at that point, no green waste truck and no not travelled anywhere else.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News