Wrexham’s Beach

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham’s Beach

• Author

zinger
    Participant

Do you know, it just might get a few people into town. If all the people who have knocked the idea come into town to be able to say ‘I told you so’. Then the parents of young children who want to give them a bit of (hopefully free) fun do the same & then there are the people who might just want to see what the fuss is all about. It is people sitting on the fence like me, who will be the hardest to reach. I just hope that the weather isn’t a let down & I do hope that since it is happening anyway, no matter what, that it will be a rip roaring success.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

i agree with alot of things said, very much agree the private sector isn’t being utilised but nor is the volunteer sector and nor is the ‘yoof’. But this event like the stef booth ‘look at me’ high street festival are acorns that if cultivated correctly could turn into beautiful oak trees.

I also think that the default setting of the public is let those in power do everything. And perhaps they haven’t got the skills to do this.

out there suggestion…

It’s too late to do anything this year, but there is time for a group of motivated volunteers (including myself) to work with the private sector & youth organisations to organise a set of street & market festivals within the town centre.

There are four really good outside street positions (3 are pedestrianised) that get a reasonable amount of sun plus the markets too.

There is also scope to make the festivals have evening attractions also.

what do people think?

zinger
    Participant

I wonder if Yale &/or Glyndwr would do something like this as a community project if approached.

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    zinger;5517 wrote:
    I wonder if Yale &/or Glyndwr would do something like this as a community project if approached.

great idea. I can’t see why any education establishment wouldn’t want to be apart of something like this?

When you look at some things like the Focus Festival, the wrexham supporters’ organisations, saith seren or even the international music festival at Llangollen, there is a huge scope for things within wrexham. Wrexham has a great collection of doers, it just needs a few dreamers to inspire them.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Sounds like a good idea. I wish I could help but am not in a position to volunteer at the moment. I wish you luck though.

abidwd
    Participant

a barbecue park seems to be a better idea..

Rondetto
    Participant

Whatever happened to the French market they started, I haven’t seen that since last year.

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    Rondetto;5549 wrote:
    Whatever happened to the French market they started, I haven’t seen that since last year.

Some friends used to work for it (all from britanny but living in chorlton, manchetser) the guy who ran it stopped doing it in wrexham and I think he’s now stopped it altogether.

Rondetto
    Participant

Perhaps they didn’t have enough business, but it always seemed busy to me.

abidwd
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 5518 wrote:

great idea. I can’t see why any education establishment wouldn’t want to be apart of something like this?

When you look at some things like the Focus Festival, the wrexham supporters’ organisations, saith seren or even the international music festival at Llangollen, there is a huge scope for things within wrexham. Wrexham has a great collection of doers, it just needs a few dreamers to inspire them.

Glyndwr has too many things to worry about at the moment, its existence is on the top of them.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

The topic ‘Wrexham’s Beach’ is closed to new replies.

More...

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News

“Disrespectful” easter egg hunt in cemetery cancelled after backlash

News