Wrexham’s Beach

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham’s Beach

• Author

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

If it broke even it would have cost nothing and given some people a bit of fun. If it made a healthy profit that would be even better but the people of the town would have to support it not knock it for that to happen.

Jeffro
    Participant

Its ironic that a council who didnot listen to their public with the failed city bid now think we’re a seaside town(or city), what on earth are they thinking, give me two council tippers and £500 i’ll get a mate do a few visits to Kent Supplies and hey presto!

Focus needs to be on Jobs, Accomodation, and Street cleaners! oh not forgetting the pot holes.Its time the local people start voting these idiots out or challenge such clap trap, If you want to encourage people to visit follow the lead of Chester and Shrewsbury, we are like a thorn between two roses. A clean town that promotes local culture encouraging Welsh food and historic past, I like the statues near Egerton Street
    we need more of meanful statues etc that will last the test of time not a couple of tons of sand that will last a couple of weeks.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I also like the statues and think we could do with more like them. I do like the benches which incorporate Wrexhams’ name in them. I was walking through Queens Square today and it is covered in chewing gum. There are white blobs everywhere. A good clean up is overdue I think.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

Statues and art in general is good.

It would be nice for the planners to approve a pretty building once in a while. The old peacocks shop is probably the only nice building that’s been built in the last 60 years.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I quite like the different materials used in Eagles Meadow. It’s much better than just brick and render. The old brick work on the butchers market is worth a look as well. I think we should spend more time looking and not just seeing. I often find things I haven’t noticed before and have bumped into people when I am looking up at something!

Rob
    Participant

Costs outlined this morning – £2500 to the Council and it sounds like Eagles Meadow are going to cover the rest.

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

@Rob 5368 wrote:

Costs outlined this morning – £2500 to the Council and it sounds like Eagles Meadow are going to cover the rest.

Still a stupid idea and a total waste of money whoever is paying for it…

Rondetto
    Participant

Of course it is a waste of money. With the current cut backs any spending on idiotic ideas is a waste.

Sam
    Participant

@Rob 5368 wrote:

Is it still going to be by the guildhall or is it now heading towards Eagles meadow.

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    Sam;5380 wrote:
    Is it still going to be by the guildhall or is it now heading towards Eagles meadow.

it wouldn’t be called a beach at eagles meadow, it’ll be called a sandstorm.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

The topic ‘Wrexham’s Beach’ is closed to new replies.

More...

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

Demand for Welsh courses ‘outstripping capacity’

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News