Wrexham’s Beach

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham’s Beach

• Author

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

If I went shopping with an empty purse I would expect to come home empty handed. The council will have to spend funds if it’s going to attract footfall into the town centre. If not on the schemes mentioned then some other attraction.

I lack the imagination to come up with something better but I bet there are people out there with constructive ideas. Let the council know if you have a good idea instead of knocking them for at least talking about it.

WXMRich
    Participant

Quite a fuss being kicked up via Facebook at the moment.

I’ve argued the positives yet as has been discussed before, it’s the negative attitudes of town folk which will scupper the idea.

Rob
    Participant

Yes – quite alot of negativity on that idea, but not alot of debate on the other ideas.

I read one comment mentioning they would be happy to ‘sabotage’ it ! :(

Pricing and costs of the printing of a local whats on guide was not mentioned in local printed reports when costs for that could be more than the beach. It wasn’t mentioned at the meeting who had ‘tendered’ for the printing contract.

Regarding ‘Independents Day’ its worth a read of Retail Independents’ Day which gives info to what its all about.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Many a time I have heard of events after they have been held so some sort of What’s On would be helpful. The Council have a section on their site but it’s not as handy as having what’s coming up on one page, so much easier to read.

I have noted 4th July in my diary.

WXMRich
    Participant

I say arguing, yet when the alternative comments include ‘get rid of the poles’ it seems pretty worthless putting any point across.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

If comments like that appear on my timeline I report them as offensive. If the person responsible is then barred from Facebook so be it.

Sam
    Participant

Why I have posted what could be deemed as negative comments is because they need to market the town as a market town and not some gimmick laden jokesville !

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    WXMRich;3688 wrote:
    I say arguing, yet when the alternative comments include ‘get rid of the poles’ it seems pretty worthless putting any point across.

its those uneducated comments that grates about wrexham. I’m sure some of the mis-leader will use them.

i’m 50/50 about the beach… very much think the shops should contribute.

n the subject of a what’s on guide. The council are in a no win situation. To print & distribute it they will use the very organisation that is screwing the image of the town more than anyone else- the Mis-Leader.

Going on spanish printing costs and it being a 20 page tabloid size 50,000 run, it should cost no more than 5k to print and another 2k to distribute per edition.

MadMan
    Participant

Events like Focus Wales are great (The date should be changed from 17 to 27), but as for smaller events on the weekend they could host a variety of performances nothing too tacky whether it be classical music, acoustic music and acts catered for children. This can be performed on the park in front of the council buildings weather permitting of course. Another idea could be to bring fun fair games to queen square for the day. Beer/wine testing days. Cuisine and culture days to celebrate different cultures in town. Anybody got any idease i know mine may prove too costly.

weasel
    Participant

Beach ?
    £8500 ????
    What a digusting waste of money……

Surely it would be better spent on the poor and needy of wrexham

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

The topic ‘Wrexham’s Beach’ is closed to new replies.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News