Wrexham’s Beach

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham’s Beach

• Author

Rob
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 6364 wrote:

Evening leader?

Correct.

Direct opinion as well as was their ‘comment’ bit.

Had a few people in touch quite annoyed by it :( Guess the headline on the same day!

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    Rob;6403 wrote:
    Correct.

Direct opinion as well as was their ‘comment’ bit.

Had a few people in touch quite annoyed by it :( Guess the headline on the same day!

Have no idea, only check the family announcements online. Something like ‘town beach controversy.’

You know my views on the paper: Time for a new alternative that builds on the positives whilst giving true scrutiny!

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I only read newspapers online now but more and more of them seem to rely on social network for their news which can be inaccurate at best. I have seen wrexham.com blatently plagiarised on one social ‘news’ site, they don’t even take the logo off the story. It this due to financial reasons or is it progress?

NJones
    Participant

Probably more accurate to saw ‘clutching at straws.’

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

What happened to investigative journalism? Do we all lead such mundane lives now that only celebrities lastest paramours merit a mention? I was sick to the back teeth of the endless gossip in the newspapers which is why I stopped buying them.

Rob
    Participant

Scrapped – Town Centre ‘Wrexham On Sea’ Beach Idea Scrapped After Backlash | Wrexham.com

However events will still occur on the same day!

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

There were too many complains to be ignored so I think it was the right decision as the public were not going to support the idea. I am glad that the other activities are still going ahead.

I am sending back my bucket and spade for a refund!

thewayneinspain
    Participant

if businesses still want it, it can still happen.

this is a PR opportunity now.

Rob
    Participant

Going by this evenings meeting it seems the events will occur, just not with the beach.

There was concern about plans being made then pulled due to a perceived public backlash, and that can put off ideas being put forward by any party.

One person asked if £2k could be raised if it could still go ahead, and a cut off date was given.

Basically the feeling appeared to be no as its not worth the grief, and considering the parties in the room have previously been in favour and had been working towards (some putting money in) that was quite sad to see.

wrexview
    Participant

Nightingale House are holding a Summer Fair on Llwyn Isaf this Saturday from 12pm -4pm , lots of things to do all for 50p admission. I wonder if they had decided to run an event based around a ” Beach” if it would have been perceived differently?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

The topic ‘Wrexham’s Beach’ is closed to new replies.

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News