Wrexham’s Beach

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham’s Beach

• Author

Sam
    Participant

thewayneinspain
    Participant

hmmm. Paris does it.

8,500k is a snip for a cheap national pr campaign. it has the potential for that.

uppers:
    cheap national pr campaign
    it would put a smile on a town not very happy with it self
    made for drunk streaking at 3am on a friday night, isn’t it?

downers:
    Cafe nero is my favourite coffee shop, I’d be worried if people would think i was a perv, if i drank there.
    Could backfire on the council during cuts.
    made for drunk streaking at 3am on a friday night, isn’t it? (yes put it down twice.)

i’d prefer for the local businesses especially iceland, bhs and cafe nero to pay for it. As they would all profit from it.

Rob
    Participant

The Beach idea plus a couple of others , like independents day and other markets were listed on Town Centre Forum – February Meeting Report | Wrexham.com at the TCF meeting.

It seemed positively received there, and its worth looking at the ‘whats on’ guide stuff as well as ideas that may or may not happen.

All appear to be done to get people into the town centre!

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

The weather could make or break the idea if it becomes reality. If the weather is nice and lots of people attend the council would be congratulated but woe betide them if it fails.

I would pop along in my lunch break to watch if not participate as I do when the ice rink is in Queen’s Square.

Something needs to be done to attract folk into the town centre.

Sam
    Participant

Firstly, 8.5k is an expensive tax payer funded sand pit for layabouts and drunks to lie about on before going to pick up their benefits.

Secondly, what’s going to happen when the drunken public use it as a toilet ? More expense.

Finally, why can’t Wrexham concentrate on a stable good quality image instead of cheap tacky gimmicks for publicity ? And we still ask ourselves why Wrexham gets bad press.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Unfortunately some might use it as a litter box but if it’s fitted with a lid or cover of some description it can be protected. It’s only one of a couple of ideas being looked into. It may not become reality.

MadMan
    Participant

Rather tacky. I think it would be a great idea if there was a competition in the town to a proper beach in the Caribbean. This would give a poor soul a chance to escape for a week or two.

* Karaoke competition -This could bring the old drunks to Queen’s square, Wrexham for a breath of fresh air.
    * Fashion competition – A chance to see the well dressed….maybe not
    * Arm wrestling competition – For those little ***** who think they are so tough.

£8,500 could go towards sprucing up the town every little helps.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

Rob, at the meeting did they discuss how they would judge its performance and its return on investment.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

@MadMan 3660 wrote:

Rather tacky. I think it would be a great idea if there was a competition in the town to a proper beach in the Caribbean. This would give a poor soul a chance to escape for a week or two.

* Karaoke competition -This could bring the old drunks to Queen’s square, Wrexham for a breath of fresh air.
    * Fashion competition – A chance to see the well dressed….maybe not
    * Arm wrestling competition – For those little ***** who think they are so tough.

£8,500 could go towards sprucing up the town every little helps.

I am not an old drunk, well I might be old but I drink in moderation. Would I be eligible to enter the karaoke? I sing like a rusty drum but am up for it lol.

I might be ok in the fashion competition. I NEVER do my shopping in my flannelette pjs and fluffy slippers so I might be in with a chance!

Now you’ve got me on the arm wrestling. My grips not too good and my muscles are not bulging but a bit of a tickle to my opponent might just sway it for me or is that cheating?

Rob
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 3666 wrote:

Rob, at the meeting did they discuss how they would judge its performance and its return on investment.

No.

Basically the setup was the TCF asked for ‘something to be done’ in terms of more markets / town centre attractions / printed stuff, and the Council came back with some ideas and plans.

It is a little dammed if they do , dammed if they dont on that front.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

The topic ‘Wrexham’s Beach’ is closed to new replies.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News