Wrexham v Chester bubble match

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham v Chester bubble match

• Author

zinger
    Participant

Is all this Bubble match stuff really necessary? Do the Manchester & Liverpool derby matches warrant the same treatment?

BenjaminM
    Participant

Not that old chestnut (again)!!!

CerysHughes
    Participant

And it’s an old chestnut that keeps on returning.

The police will carry on bubble matches, because:
    a) it makes them look in front of 1,500 plus OAPs of the wrexham fans that they do something.
    b) It makes the public forget that they can’t catch arsonists
    c) It makes the public not notice that the police have given up on counting shoplifting crime & prosecuting shoplifters.

They should stop because they alienate:

1. 99.5% of wrexham fans who probably don’t feel like contacting police if they see people acting suspicious or reporting petty crime.
    2. They should spend the money on catching arsonists.
    3. They should spend the money on catching shoplifters.

dagg
    Participant

@CerysHughes 19682 wrote:

And it’s an old chestnut that keeps on returning.

The police will carry on bubble matches, because:
    a) it makes them look in front of 1,500 plus OAPs of the wrexham fans that they do something.
    b) It makes the public forget that they can’t catch arsonists
    c) It makes the public not notice that the police have given up on counting shoplifting crime & prosecuting shoplifters.

They should stop because they alienate:

1. 99.5% of wrexham fans who probably don’t feel like contacting police if they see people acting suspicious or reporting petty crime.
    2. They should spend the money on catching arsonists.
    3. They should spend the money on catching shoplifters.

Well said, I haven’t been to the last two bubble games at Chester because I don’t want to be treated like a criminal.

zinger
    Participant

I was held up on the B & Q roundabout yesterday whilst many coaches (about 25) full of Chester fans came off the bypass followed by nearly as many police vehicles (I might be exaggerating here). I turned onto Plas Coch Road to see almost as many police vehicles coming in the opposite direction turning into the university campus at the Sainsbury’s roundabout. If people are treated like criminals won’t they start behaving that way?

CerysHughes
    Participant

When driving past the police presense yesterday, my first thoughts were:

a) If only those kids at the childrens’ homes had got that protection?
    b) If only wrexham’s car owners got that protection from arsonists?

I guess the rank and file policemen, who i have great respect for and admire must be extremely frustrated by the “higher ups” who for political reasons keep up this facade to divert them from the great work that they do.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Don’t think I would like to bump into you on a dark night Cerys! Do I detect a lot of venom in your posts?

CerysHughes
    Participant

@BenjaminM 19693 wrote:

Don’t think I would like to bump into you on a dark night Cerys! Do I detect a lot of venom in your posts?

Do I detect venom in your posts when public service employees’ abilities have been questioned?

:D

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Whilst I sort of agree with some of what you are getting at Cerys, I know from years and years and especially recent years that this kind of bubble wrap is needed when there are still some petty minded knob-heads with no respect for anyone and no real interest in football. Where ever the match was held, the 99% of true footie fans would disperse quietly after the game, but that idiot 1% would go on into town and smash up anything in their way. That Cerys , is why!

Liam
    Participant

The main aspect of the policing of these matches which I find most questionable is the passive nature of it inside the ground. Last year’s derby police spotters see fans pictured with an offensive banner at the Red Lion yet let it be taken in. Two banners are unfurled sparking a lot of disorder in the away end, yet again they fail to intervene and a security man gets a pasting for trying to remove a banner and a steward in the away end is injured. Then on Saturday some supposed Chester fans are seemingly punched after going in the wrong end and away fans cause a lot of damage to the ground. What do the police do? Zilch. Makes you wonder why there are so many officers at the ground, certainly not as a preventative measure. They just appear to let trouble unfold, film it and prosecute as if to justify their presence.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News