Wrexham to Chester. "Alternative route"

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham to Chester. "Alternative route"

• Author

chrisedw
    Participant

Having been caught up in the delays due to the ongoing roadworks at the Post House, I was left in dismay that there are no matrix signs warning of delays on the A483. Drivers coming from anywhere south of Wrexham drive slap bang into the queues without any fore warning. I find that disgraceful. It’s as if the contractors don’t care about us. The roadworks are being completed through the night, so what happens in the day is of little concern to the contractors, or so it would appear!
    So given that the delays are set to continue until the end of March “God help us”. Here is an alternative route to Chester and the north west avoiding the queues. Although it may be busy if everyone else reads this. From the A483 Junction 6 signposted Nantwich. Follow the signs for the Wrexham Industrial Estate and Nantwich. After 3 miles take the left turn for Farndon and Aldford. Stay on this road and it will take you to the A41 and the Chester Inner Ring Road. Trucks beware. Theres a low bridge 1 mile after Aldford. Alternatively, after Aldford canal bridge theres a right turn towards Bruera, Saighton and Waverton. A left turn onto the A41 here will put you onto the A55 near Sainsburys. Why not try it today Sunday while its quiet to familiarise yourself with the route. Good luck. I’m sure it’s quicker than being on the A483 for over an hour.

justjojo2011
    Participant

Or if in doubt, follow the C56 bus as this seems to be the route that takes to Chester lol.

Travis Bickle
    Participant

Remembering to turn Right at the Fiat/ or SEAT? dealership.

beedar
    Participant

Got a feeling when they’ve finished this marvellous new improvement plan that everyone is going to be looking for an alternative route

johnhoppy
    Participant

I’ve been through this junction twice this afternoon, and considering it is a Sunday it was a shambles. The lights for Rough Hill changed to red twice whilst I was in about a 6 car queue. Appeared to be working on demand for the minor road. One lane of traffic around the roundabout not helping matters either. Traffic off the A55 westbound filtered into one lane. Any of you guys out there having to commute to Chester in the morning should consider having an early night, and an earlier morning !!

Born Acorn
    Participant

If you want to head to the Greyhound retail park, head north through Gwersyllt and get on the A55 Westbound at Dobshill and down through Deeside. Then head back down Sealand road.

http://goo.gl/maps/W7VuR

harry
    Participant

Its a shame that such a busy important route is ruined by Posthouse roundabout layout. I feel it needs a dramatic redevelopment – which will not be achieved by the current plan.

BorrasBill
    Participant

@johnhoppy 18199 wrote:

The lights for Rough Hill changed to red twice whilst I was in about a 6 car queue. Appeared to be working on demand for the minor road.

Totally agree, they change far too frequently. The lights on the roundabout are also set wrong. They are green for too short a time. I know making them green longer will make them red for the traffic from the right, but that traffic is not queueing. It’s surely worth a try.

chrisedw
    Participant

I understand the Dobshill area was also nose to tail this morning “Monday”.

Pinky02
    Participant

@chrisedw 18219 wrote:

I understand the Dobshill area was also nose to tail this morning “Monday”.

Yes, I was stuck in traffic this morning. Cars were backed up through Hope all the way to the equestrian centre!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News

“Disrespectful” easter egg hunt in cemetery cancelled after backlash

News