Wrexham.- the holiday destination of choice.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham.- the holiday destination of choice.

• Author

grandad
    Participant

How wonderful to see that we have finally got our act together and attracted holidaymakers to our site in Rhossdu. This will possibly lead to increased prosperity in the town.

HOLD ON
    Wrexham council officers have met with officers from north wales police and bcuhb ? and a local member d bithell to discuss the unauthorised site in Rhosddu.

“The next step will be to undertake necessary assessments and all options available will be discussed at a further meeting early next week . No immediate action can be taken until these assessments have been undertaken.”

My god are we that stupid . What about the increased FOOTFALL. No wonder the town has gone to the dogs.
    Wrexham, holiday destination is the way to go.

zinger
    Participant

Would it be worth bringing my tent for a weeks break now the children are back in school grandad. I have heard that it is quite handy for the town centre, the swimming baths just up the road and close to the bus station. Where better? Particularly if it is a week rent free. Anyone care to join me? Last year I heard that some people took a nice break in Llay too.

Simon
    Participant

Wrexham Police are all over it. Like a rash. For the last 48-hours they’ve left a car at Rhosddu Community Centre car park. Who are they fooling? Us? Or the Travellers? Why leave a car, which could be deployed instead on mercy-missions unemployed at The Centre? What a deterrent. If some of these officers spent less time Tweeting to wrexham.com on an ego trip, and got back on the beat showing a physical presence on the streets, we’d all be a lot happier. Who really wants to see a picture of a Police officer with PCSO’s posing for pictures on High St on a Saturday night? GET OFF TWITTER and get your job done! I’m fed up of the same officer on wrexham.com #legendinhisownmind GET OFF TWITTER!

Simon
    Participant

How can you concentrate on your job when you’re on your mobile phone most of the time reporting mundane policing? How did we all cope before mobile phones? GOOD OLD FASHIONED POLICING!

Andy
    Participant

mmm… If I take my caravan to say the lake district and pitch on any old grass land/ verge I wonder will Plod say no action can be taken? Of course not! They would have me removed pronto. Why are these chancers treated differently to everybody else?

Simon
    Participant

The ‘Travellers’ will be gone soon from this unauthorised encampment. They are more than familiar with the law than the average Police officer. All they do is move on to the next venue for a further 48-72 hours. It could be the hospital car park, anywhere.
    It is low-priority for NWP. Any Police force. Just like neighbourly disputes etc
    This will carry on untill the law is changed. Alyn Waters, Wrexham Industrial Estate, Queensway Stadium etc. The only safeguard is to make it difficult for encroachment.
    Why we’ve made a Police traffic car redundant on Rhosddu Community car park for nearly 72-hours beggars belief.

Simon
    Participant

Can you imagine the excitement on the London Evening Standard if the Met Tweeted pictures of a raid using the ‘Universal key’? A Hartley’s jam jar a quarter full of marijuana! So what? You can walk in to a Bookies on the outskirts of Wrexham, where the CID enjoy a bet. The smell of weed is overwhelming. They don’t give a toss. And quite rightly so. So what?

Huw
    Participant

Totally agree with Simon’s Twitter comments. Don’t know how it is allowed to happen but it just makes them look a complete joke.

A Nuisance
    Participant

Whats wrong with itinerants ?? they’ll be gone soon after the fight…
    As for the police and weed, for every ounce/plant/cutting the seize, they are able to get their hands on the perpetrators cash ie. you grow plants for your own personal use and it gets found out it will cost you aprox £400 per plant. Its all about the money. POLICE read TAXMAN

The Monitor
    Participant

Concentrate people.. concentrate. Don’t bring other issues into a problem. First solve the problem in hand, then move on to solving the next. Blaming the police is pointless. Perhaps give them the means by a change of the law to enable them to deal with itinerants, tinkers, didicoys etc. before condemning them. Sense huh? rather than personal bias?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News