Wrexham Tesco "24hr"

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham Tesco "24hr"

• Author

angryShopper
    Participant

I visited the wrexham tesco “24hr” store on saturday evening, not for the first time the upstairs area was “closed” because lets face it, it’s not a 24hr store.

I niped up stairs and was shortly after marched down to the ground floor by a security chappy called John jones, (not in tesco uniform and yes I did see some ID, however he was very rude when asked to produce it) – “there are no staff or security up here, u should nicely ask a manager if u wish to shop here”

I went into tesco wrexham today and was told that Mr Jones is a private contractor hired when tesco security staff are not availble, (nice to see job creation in wrexham, they don’t have enough gaurds, and hire in outside temps). I was told (by customer services today) that he was “not insured” to work both floors, yet he was able to come and march me down the escaltor.

I pointed out that there isn’t a tesco for 100 miles in any direction which “shuts” sections of the store, (notably broughton who hve told me that this should never / does never happen in tesco) . THE reply was given that “top floor staff are different staff and they “knock off” at 10 on a saturday, (more job creation)

I asked them why the media (games. films, etc) was kept upstairs shut off on a saturday night which is when many people are looking for a film / game / printer paper, CDs as it’s a lot of peoples only free time, to be greeted with a shrug.

I wonder if wrexham.com would like to investigate why tesco wrexham is laughably understaffed on a saturday night, of if they are just lazy staff, as I say i’ve been to many many tescos in the area, (up to about 100 miles) and I’ve not found the same situation repeated.

zinger
    Participant

Tesco is one of the worst stores late in the evening. I have twice walked out without buying an expensive electrical item because there isn’t enough staff and it is hard to find anyone.

MadMan
    Participant

I totally agree with you they could have more people employed at the store i’m sure they could afford it, as it would hardly dent their profit. The service is terrible at Tesco the staff do not have to be all smiley smiley they just have to be pleasant lack of customer service is a real issue at this store.

Morrison’s is just as bad i made a stupid mistake on the self service tills i asked the woman for help and she was shockingly rude, she was very blunt and made us feel like a piece of dirt you find underneath your shoe. She is a very miserable older woman you will know who i mean if you have ever shopped there. Morrison’s self service tills are too slow and should be replaced, but it beats being served by a human, should be replaced by guinea pigs. I would avoid Morrison’s if it wasn’t for their chicken.

NJones
    Participant

The manager of Tesco Wrexham has a reputation for lacking back bone too. maybe thats why he can;t get staff. I witnessed a east european man trying to pay for £80 of shopping with a £10 note. the cashier called the manager and he told the cashier to ‘take it’ letting the man leave with £70 of unpaid goods.

Darlofan
    Participant

Just the latest in a long line of their problems. We stopped shopping there last year when they moved everything around in store. This was done as Morrisons was about to open. It was chaos for weeks and as they lost so many staff to Morrisons(can’t see why they didn’t see that coming) they had to bring others in from other stores. None of the staff knew where things were and I had some great stories from checkout girls about shoppers leaving trollies of shopping as they got fed up looking for things. From doing our main shop in there weekly I think i’ve been in a handful of times since, usually to pick up a paper when I use their car park.

It’s no wonder profits are down.

angryShopper
    Participant

I found one of the managers in tesco quite good in the past when I made this complate during the 2011 riots ‘a security bod radio’d a girl on the self service who was dealing with me, to let her know about two boys walking towards the tills, only as she went over he said no no “the dark one”. not “strictly racist” however it’s things likethat which kick things off. ‘

he was like ‘oh yeah’ when I mentioned events happening outside wrexham, but it’s my view many people in this town have never actually left

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News