Wrexham ‘Super Schools’

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham ‘Super Schools’

• Author

Alunh
    Participant

@wrexview 10801 wrote:

Well after the Executive Board meeting all options are still on the table and going out to consultation, final decision will be made in the New Year.

Reading through the Report on the Board meeting, it did appear that some members want to deal with the symptoms of the problem rather than the problem itself. The problem for the two superschools is not the spare capacity that they have but the reasons why there is spare capacity

Iceman
    Participant

I wonder if tbe Council have bothered to ask any of the teachers or parents for their opinion, or will they insist on thinking that they know what is best for us?

zinger
    Participant

No, they will probably get overpaid consultants in who have no local knowledge to make local decisions. A bit like the swimming pools. There should be a committee with representatives from all interested parties including local parent/teachers associations & school councils from each area under discussion.

wrexview
    Participant

I hope the Council is circulating all schools with information about the proposals for these “Through Schools”, so there is full consultation with all interested parties. The survey is very limited, not sure why they need to know if I am healthy!!!

wxm
    Participant

Before consulting about change and/or a new model, the first thing surely is to understand why and how the decisions were taken for these schools in the first place.

This consultation is hiding or moving on from failure without being accountable?

Red
    Participant

@zinger 10858 wrote:

No, they will probably get overpaid consultants in who have no local knowledge to make local decisions. A bit like the swimming pools. There should be a committee with representatives from all interested parties including local parent/teachers associations & school councils from each area under discussion.

Agree with this – I have no issue with consultants, many of whom have good knowledge and skill in their particular field, but the problem is too many lack local knowledge which is an important consideration when making recommendations ( however I do appreciate often having a impartial view from a body with no emotional ties to an area is sometimes necessary to make tough decisions).

I am a ‘super school’ skeptic – super in name, however not in nature. I would like to see smaller class sizes and maximising teacher-pupil contact time per pupil. The idea of super school I am not against per se, but I feel the implementation needs some refining. Of course the LEA is under the direction of Assembly regulations, but perhaps some new thought regarding Wrexham education policy would be a welcome addition.

I know its rather exotic, but if the Welsh Assembly followed England’s policy and initiated the ability to create free schools what about a Wrexham Free School? Backing from local teachers, businesses, parents and other groups and the chance to actually stand out from the crowd with an educational institution that can offer something different. Just a thought.

Rob
    Participant

Two of us had a nose at the survey ( Consultation Over Wrexham Super Schools Begins | Wrexham.com ) but be warned once its submitted / finished its finished so there is no way of going back!!

wrexview
    Participant

I hope the Council ask the schools directly involved both ,Primary and Secondary, what their views are on the possibility of a ” Through School”, before any decision is made.

Alunh
    Participant

I’m guessing that all of the Primaries that would be consulted would see the ruination of their good work up to the age of 11.

zinger
    Participant

They can’t sort out the ‘super’schools, so what makes them think that adding to the problem will solve it. Get rid is my Opinion.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News