Wrexham smokers hit with £42,000 worth of fines in a month for dropping cigarett

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham smokers hit with £42,000 worth of fines in a month for dropping cigarett

• Author

JoanTheHog
    Participant

“A fine is a punishment because you have no control of what it is spent on” – mmmmm perplexing answer! No-one has control over what taxes are spent on, is tax a punishment?

“I would far rather use my money on my own enjoyment than to lose it to the government, be it WCBC, Welsh Assembly or Westminster” – Good comment! Why give away money needlessly.

Are councils/gov’t an authority to demand fines anyway? If so where’s the proof?

zinger
    Participant

Be fair Joan. You haven’t answered My question.

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

ChillDoubt
    Participant

Hopefully they’ll collect every penny. Those who don’t pay ought to have their fines doubled.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News