Wrexham smokers hit with £42,000 worth of fines in a month for dropping cigarett

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham smokers hit with £42,000 worth of fines in a month for dropping cigarett

• Author

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

Joan, next time I step in shit I shall wipe it off thinking of you.
    In your world we would be knee high in rubbish and dog shit because you do not believe people should be punished.

JoanTheHog
    Participant

[quote quote=118155]Joan, next time I step in shit I shall wipe it off thinking of you.
    In your world we would be knee high in rubbish and dog shit because you do not believe people should be punished.

[/quote]

Have asked this of others, POINT OUT WHERE EXACTLY HAVE SAID I WANT ALL TO TREAD IN DOG SHIT, WE SHOULD BE UP TO ARSE HOLES IN RUBBISH? Go on point if you can?

My whole point of posting has been to enlighten all about fines before conviction are illegal & void or you too stupid to see beyond your own arrogance?

Dogs don’t step in their own shit because they can see what’s in front of them. What about you? – evidently NOT.

Care to explain how exactly fining people is a punishment? Sure its not simply money making for the council?

“To be born Welsh is to be born privileged, not with a silver spoon in your mouth, but with music in your blood, and poetry in your soul.” Mmm not necessarily a privilege more by accident as in – simply the luck of the draw where you were born. Silver spoon? Certainly not, most of the time skint like most. And the rest! Well that’s just total shite

Councillor X
    Participant

Dear Ms Hogg,

I think that Mr Glyndwr has a point as throughout your rant you imply that people should be allowed to throw rubbish and dogs to excrete where they want to and no punishment should be given. The point of fines is to deter such selfish acts and not to make money.

Would you expect to commit any other crime (say murder) and go unpunished? How about speeding? Do you ever break the law and would you protest at a fine? I am sorry that you do not wish to be part of normal life and take it upon yourself to be some sort of vigilante. You appear to be more of a Joker than a Caped Crusader.

With Respect,

Councilor X

JoanTheHog
    Participant

Councilor X.

Indeed in some of my posts have said I do come across as having a rant, however on reading a few of owain glyndwr’s comments in posts I find inane & in some cases rather childish.

Recycling ‘Wheelie Boxes’ To Be Rolled Out To 13,000 Wrexham Properties

is a good example.

When it comes to reading between the lines of my posts by all means read into it how you want, but would rather you take at face value.

All am doing is passing on info that have come across, so don’t shoot the messenger!

BTW are you yourself & owain actual councillors by any chance?

JoanTheHog
    Participant

As the last post was never replied to then it must stand as truth – COUNCILLORS!

zinger
    Participant

Joan, how would you suggest that we stop people from purposely dropping litter and purposely refraining from picking up dog poo? I use the word purposely, as some litter is dropped accidentally and a dog may poo without being noticed when being exercised.

I hate litter but I believe that fining is an option. It might be a good idea if perpetrators were made to work with a refuse disposal team for a week picking up litter accidentally dropped by the binmen but who would monitor it?

As regards being a councillor, I wouldn’t take the job for a pension. They are in a no win situation.

JoanTheHog
    Participant

[quote quote=118497]Joan, how would you suggest that we stop people from purposely dropping litter and purposely refraining from picking up dog poo? I use the word purposely, as some litter is dropped accidentally and a dog may poo without being noticed when being exercised.

I hate litter but I believe that fining is an option. It might be a good idea if perpetrators were made to work with a refuse disposal team for a week picking up litter accidentally dropped by the binmen but who would monitor it?

As regards being a councillor, I wouldn’t take the job for a pension. They are in a no win situation.

[/quote]

Here is something to consider. When hanging was on the “statute books” when did it ever stop or deter “capital crimes”? Eventually the death sentence was abolished, the question more over should be asking is when is all the money generating for the council going to stop?

Have you seen this thread?

https://www.wrexham.com/forums/topic/really-topical

Then by all means give me an answer!

zinger
    Participant

I am not interested in where the money goes, just how to deter litterers & irresponsible dog owners.

JoanTheHog
    Participant

Zinger, could you explain exactly now obtaining money (a false entity) actually is a punishment? Please answer my question how will fining ever be a deterrent for anything?

zinger
    Participant

Answering a question with a question doesn’t say anything. A fine is a punishment because you have no control of what it is spent on. I would far rather use my money on my own enjoyment than to lose it to the government, be it WCBC, Welsh Assembly or Westminster.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News