Wrexham smokers hit with £42,000 worth of fines in a month for dropping cigarett

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham smokers hit with £42,000 worth of fines in a month for dropping cigarett

• Author

Councillor X
    Participant

Wrexham smokers hit with £42,000 worth of fines in a month for dropping cigarette butts BUT nobody ever reports on how much of this is collected!

Perhaps a future FOI request for Wrexham.com?

I always give a false name and haven’t been challenged. Last week I said I was Daave63.

Ferret
    Participant

Now I’m pretending to be Ferret. Heh heh.

JoanTheHog
    Participant

What’s the matter NO-ONE read my thread on Dog Fouling & FINES – DON’T PAY how many more times. You have only yourselves to blame. Remember its all about money making for the council. Ask yourself will it stop anyone from dropping fag ends?

REMEMBER – NO PERSONAL DETAILS.

DEMAND
    1. They prove authority over you.

2. They prove your obedience to statute/acts (thats all they are an ACT just like going on stage!)

3. They prove your applicability to statute/acts.

AMA Express
    Participant

[quote quote=117759]3. They prove your applicability to statute/acts.[/quote]

Applicability is the usefulness of something for a particular task.

JoanTheHog
    Participant

Perhaps should have said

They prove applicability of statute/acts to you the Human Being.

Councillor X
    Participant

The point is that they may have issued £42,000 of fines but they should be saying how much they collected!

You will never see the headline “Wrexham smokers pay £42 worth of fines in a month”

it would be interesting to see how much was collected as a percentage of fines issued to gauge the efficiency of the system.

KidA
    Participant

[quote quote=117768]The point is that they may have issued £42,000 of fines but they should be saying how much they collected!

You will never see the headline “Wrexham smokers pay £42 worth of fines in a month”

it would be interesting to see how much was collected as a percentage of fines issued to gauge the efficiency of the system.

[/quote]

For God’s sake CX, put an FOI in if you’re so interested.

KidA
    Participant

[quote quote=117759]What’s the matter NO-ONE read my thread on Dog Fouling

Read it. Laughed at it. Forgot it..

JoanTheHog
    Participant

[quote quote=117794]

What’s the matter NO-ONE read my thread on Dog Fouling

Read it. Laughed at it. Forgot it..

[/quote]What is your problem?

Bill of Rights [1688]

1688 CHAPTER 2 1 Will and Mar Sess 2

Grants of Forfeitures.

That all Grants and Promises of Fines and Forfeitures of particular persons before Conviction are illegall and void.

Source: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/aep/WillandMarSess2/1/2/introduction

Tiz I that has the last laugh when council have shafted you for all your MONEY. Read the above again & the link posted, deny all you want, the evidence IS there?

JoanTheHog
    Participant

[quote quote=117768]The point is that they may have issued £42,000 of fines but they should be saying how much they collected!

[/quote]

Hopefully they will have collected NONE!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

9 Tips for Crafting the Perfect College Admission Essay

News

County Lines drug dealers targeted as part of major police operation

News

Clwyd South MS gives ringing endorsement to church bell restoration bid

News

Works on New Broughton housing development set to begin in spring

News

North Wales chief constable backs new Police Anti-Corruption and Abuse Reporting Service

News

Welsh gaming professionals flying the flag at “instrumental” US conference

News