Wrexham School Run Rally

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham School Run Rally

• Author

MP1953
    Participant

@Ferret 13229 wrote:

Must be a nightmare that. You’ve carefully considered where to buy a house, you sign the contract, move in and suddenly find out there’s a school next door. Bummer.

Ummmmmmmm, when a lot of people bought their houses, and you don’t have to go back that far parents actually (I know it sounds far fetched!) used to walk their children to school, I can remember Box Lane being virtually car free… :eek:

gogledd
    Participant

My work takes me to lots of schools. I tend to arrive early by bicycle but leave when the school run is at its height, It just amazes me how inconsiderate and selfish some drivers can be.

Ferret
    Participant

@justjojo2011 13219 wrote:

Do you know what bugs me about the school run? The amount of parents who could WALK to the school and choose not to. I get 3 buses to take my son to school, one of which is sometimes the 13b. I have to get off at the TOP of Box Lane because there is no room for the bus to stop further down. Parents, who are both men and women block the road off, block off people’s drives and they don’t care. Most of these people could leave the car at home, but they choose to be lazy and drive the 2 minute walk instead.

Even worse, I manage to get my son to school on time every morning (unless the number 7 doesn’t turn up) and people who live across the road and legging it down the road every single day after the bell has gone

I doubt many people live so far from their chosen primary school that they need to take 3 buses. Unless it’s a faith school I guess.

WrecsamGirl
    Participant

The absolute worst school for this is St Giles. An utter nightmare, Victoria is quite bad as well. Why are these parents driving their kids to school when most of them could walk? I walked to school every day, even in the pouring rain. It’s just laziness.

justjojo2011
    Participant

It should have said 2 buses, not 3 buses. whoops.

I live in Hightown, my son goes to Acton. I refuse to move him to a Welsh school or a less adequate school when he is perfectly settled and happy in his current school. He also isn’t in Primary School

@Ferret 13242 wrote:

I doubt many people live so far from their chosen primary school that they need to take 3 buses. Unless it’s a faith school I guess.

justjojo2011
    Participant

I passed St Giles yesterday after going to the Midwife and wondered how bad that road got during school run time. It’s bad enough when people want to go to the shop

@WrecsamGirl 13267 wrote:

The absolute worst school for this is St Giles. An utter nightmare, Victoria is quite bad as well. Why are these parents driving their kids to school when most of them could walk? I walked to school every day, even in the pouring rain. It’s just laziness.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News