Wrexham Prison job opportunities

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham Prison job opportunities

• Author

johnhoppy
    Participant

In days gone by it was the accepted practise that police officers and bank officials were not allowed to work in their home town in case they showed favouritism or knew too much about the dealings of their friends and neighbours. Those days are long gone now thank goodness. I don’t see what problem there would be with prison officers.

Born Acorn
    Participant
    The Monitor;18605 wrote:
    Prisons across the country are due for planned closure. Staff will follow the transferred inmates. Staff ie prison officers rarely live on the doorstep of the prison in which they work, for obvious reasons. Figure it out!

The vast majority of the closures already happened in Dec 2013. Unless the staff are going to sit on their hands for another two years they will mostly either have already redeployed to other prisons not closing or found new jobs. Some might come to Wrexham, sure; but not all of em.

dewi73
    Participant

@Mrs Crewe 18618 wrote:

I don’t think you are a dingbat, again only going by my own experience of living in a city (Winchester) with a large category A prison, lots of the staff working there lived in and around Winchester.
    It’s not like being police officer who used to be advised not to live in the same town in which they worked. I think a lot of people are having a real knee jerk reaction to the thought of having a prison here and typically only seeing the negative.

HMP Winchester is a small category B prison with a population of 544, tiny in comparison to the Super prison ;)

Mrs Crewe
    Participant

It was a category a when I lived there but I’m sure Google knows best

Null
    Participant

…..

Andy
    Participant

I have applied for the post of Chairman of the Escape committee but have been informed any old Tom, Dick or Harry will suffice.

dagg
    Participant

@Andy 18638 wrote:

I have applied for the post of Chairman of the Escape committee but have been informed any old Tom, Dick or Harry will suffice.

Them 3 always get the best jobs.

The Monitor
    Participant

@Born Acorn 18625 wrote:

The vast majority of the closures already happened in Dec 2013. Unless the staff are going to sit on their hands for another two years they will mostly either have already redeployed to other prisons not closing or found new jobs. Some might come to Wrexham, sure; but not all of em.

Still more closures to come!

Metalhead
    Participant

Looks like it doesn’t really matter how secure they build this prison…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-32095189

Sheefag
    Participant

Check the key phrases in the article, my metallic friend.

‘Criminal Ingenuity’, ‘Criminal Inventiveness’, ‘Deviousness’, these are the sole preserve of WCBC and are jealously guarded, we may, therefore, sleep safely.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News

Prioritise support over punishment for young vapers, says Public Health Wales

News

New video shows Wrexham AFC chairman “Baseball-izing” Football Game ahead of MLB World Tour

News

Police appeal after “considerable amount of damage” at local primary school

News

A view from Sam Rowlands – Welsh Conservative North Wales Member of the Senedd

News

“It is not for local authorities to fund local or national print media”, says Senedd committee

News