Wrexham police…

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham police…

• Author

weasel
    Participant

After having an attempted break in at my home…I want to thank our wonderful Wrexham Police for being so kind and helpful to me….I can’t compliment them enough for the way they looked after me….So …Treat ’em with respect…They really are “The Good Guys”…

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Great to hear something positive about the Police. I respect them as they do a hard job and are criticised when things go wrong. It’s very nice to hear the good side.

Alunh
    Participant

One of the reassuring elements of the Forum meetings is the Police Report. It is always presented professionally, reassuringly and convincingly. Difficult job, often a no-winner.

zinger
    Participant

The thing is, did they catch the criminals? After a family member had two break in’s the police who came each time afterwards were genuinely very nice but neither time did they catch the perpetrators.

MissEco
    Participant

What people have to remember is they arent psychics! neither do they have super powers, they arent just going to fall over perpetrators its a difficult job. they are doing the best they can with very very stretched resources.

Rondetto
    Participant

I’m pleased you had good service. But when my car was broken into and my property stolen, I didn’t have good service. They even had the culprits on CCTV and had them in custody. When I enquired after several weeks all I was told was that they’d let them go for lack of evidence. What more could you have? On camera, I had a witness who saw them too.
    £450 worth of damage that I had to pay myself.

thunderbirdskid
    Participant

We don’t live in a perfect world, however these two local officers saved this ladies life!

From a Leader report:

During the recording Miss xxxx could be heard telling him to get off her and calm down. When lone PC Daniel Rees arrived he fired three bursts of pepper spray and used his baton numerous times to try to stop the attack.

But the defendant continued with his hands around her throat and only released his arm when hit to the neck. He then turned on the policeman and warned him: “You are going to die now.” He threw punches at the PC who feared for his life.

A second officer arrived and Mitchell was detained but in a police car he produced a razor blade and began to cut his neck. He dropped it after a Taser stun-gun was aimed at him.

Mitchell had denied attempted murder. The prosecution dropped the charge after he admitted making threats to kill, assault causing actual bodily harm to Miss xxxx, and having an offensive weapon.

Just another angle.

zinger
    Participant

There is good & bad. The police usually have good people skills but are just not very good at catching criminals. They have to be actually caught in the act by a policeman & then there wouldn’t be enough proof. How many people are told that it is unlikely that anyone will be caught when they report a theft

obs
    Participant

my son was assaulted by 3 youths who were all known to the police who advised us not to push it towards court as the 3 youths could go on to make it “diffiicult” for my son. One of the youths later went on to nearly kill an innocent person which he served 3 years for and since release has been sentenced for gbh and after release for that is now serving time for robbery. :mad:

Rondetto
    Participant

That’s worrying and I know it does happen. I can never understand when they let prisoners out and they go on to re offend almost straight away.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News