Wrexham Parliamentary Election on the 7th May

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham Parliamentary Election on the 7th May

• Author

Peterthewatcher
    Participant

I fully agree Party Politics should not cross the threshold when it comes to saving services for the benefit of local people and using community success for political gain should not happen– unfortunately this never seem sti be the case and party and personality politics takes over.
    Not seen the snipe at Clr Rogers what has been said

steveg
    Participant

Times have certainly changed when setting up an e-mail account and a Facebook page counts as “engaging with the electorate”!

jimbow
    Participant

[quote quote=54943]Dear fellow wxm.com contributors I wish to announce my decision to stand as an Independent candidate, in the forthcoming election for the parliamentary seat of my home-town of Wrexham. I have decided to use wrexham.com as the vehicle to make this announcement, as we are all fortunate to have use of this freely supplied facility, which allows us all to debate what goes on in our town of Wrexham. Further information about my candidacy will follow soon. Rest assured I am very much looking forward to convincing the Wrexham electorate that in me they will have an honest, decent and hard-working Member of Parliament. I will put the interests of all UK and Wrexham citizens first, without due influence of third parties such as Trade Unions or wealthy businessmen. This contest promises to be a David and Goliath battle, but one I am relishing all the same. I believe the mood of Wrexham folk, like in many other towns, is being shaped by our shared disillusionment in the main UK political parties and their ways of working. It is they who have let our proud nation down and it is now “Time for a Change”. My message whilst one of optimism, will not hold back from tackling head on those issues which the main political parties wish to see imposed on Wrexham and in so doing will see us sold down the Gwenfro. I would like to take this opportunity to wish all candidates well in their campaigns and for keeping Democracy Alive. Phil Wynn Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for the Wrexham constituency [/quote]

What happened ?  No Phil Wynn on candidate list.

PhilWynn
    Participant

Apologies for not posting sooner but on the day I was about to register my candidacy my Dad’s health went down-hill rapidly. Fortunately he was admitted to the Maelor Hospital late that night. His health has picked up in the last few days so I’m hoping he will be home for next week.

Maybe I should of entered regardless but I feel I have made the right decision by putting family first.

I have wished all the Wrexham candidates well in their election campaigns and trust the voters of Wrexham will also do their bit for democracy by voting on the 7th of May.

Back to the day job of being a County Councillor.

Phil Wynn

R T
    Keymaster

Are you encouraging your supporters to vote for another candidate, if so, who?

99DylanJones
    Participant

Phil wish your father a speedy recovery – I am sure your presence at the Election would have created a massive shift of voters- the non Party Politically aligned candidates across the whole of the UK are going to make a major impact on voters and will hopefully wake up the candidates.
    A challenge has been put on these threads to all candidates to use this as a platform yet none of them have even had the decency to make a response direct to their electorate– do they really deserve any vote at present I would say no — they need to earn respect to get a vote and non engagement is not the way to achieve this.

Liam
    Participant

Any hustings planned in Wrexham? Yet to see any mentioned.

99DylanJones
    Participant

TCC are holding a Parliamentary Accountability meeting on 23rd April 7.30am at Regent Street Methodist were all candidates are expected. This is a ticket only event so you need to contact TCC

R T
    Keymaster

There is likely one due on May 2nd that is open to all – hope to have details soon.

Wrexham.com has spent the day doing something decent regarding the election so hopefully this time next week will have more on that!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News