Wrexham Outbreak…thank God WAG have a handle on it…NOT

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham Outbreak…thank God WAG have a handle on it…NOT

• Author

welchboy
    Participant

I have been collating the daily records of reported cases in Wrexham, up to the 22nd June there was an on going reduction both weekly and daily in the number of reported cases. however on the 23rd daily cases rose from 4 on the 22nd to 25 on the 23rd and by the 25th this had risen to 51. Unfortunately the precise recording of daily figures have been difficult to follow as there has been two periods where figures have been readjusted by the Health Authority on the 2nd of July and the 14th., when there was a sudden rise from 3 to 286 on the daily figures. Since then reported cases dropped to low single figures until the 17th when they rose to 17 dropped to 1 on the 18th and then rose again to 11 on the 19th.
    I would suggest that the out break at Rowan Foods regardless of what has been stated started with the factory and was the carried into the wider area.
    Yes there should be an investigation both into the company on how it recruits staff and also into the agency’s that supply some of the work force and their recording and checking procedures.

wrexview
    Participant

The latest dashboard graph published today (July 22nd ) shows a distinct spike in the BCHB region and as Wrexham have had the highest number of new cases recorded in the last few days it looks like the spike is here !

Councillor X
    Participant

Wonder how many of the new cases went to the Chester pubs on 4th July ?

welchboy
    Participant

That question is difficult if not impossible to ascertain since figures for Chester are only published for those admitted to Chester Countess Hospital or which come within the Chester and West Council area. for e.g., on the 18th there were only and a daily increase of 4 and on the 19th that was recorded as 1 but increased to 5 on the 20th.
    However, you do make a valid point since there must have been given the time period a cross boarder infection either through family visits, employment or shopping visits, in both directions.

wrexview
    Participant

Our interpretation is proving correct , we have a spike in Wrexham and it has increased the number of cases requiring treatment within the Maelor Hospital. Logic would suggest this has some bearing on the outbreak that originated in Rowan Foods, as we know over three hundred cases were found among their workforce. Again our NHS staff will be working in full PPE to help those affected. We all need to do our bit by taking all reasonable precautions so as not to spread this virus further within our community!

Matt
    Participant

According to a popular red top paper article, Wrexham is the second worst hotspot in the UK after Blackburn. Will be interesting to see if things get back under control or if we end up with a Leicester style local lockdown imposed.

Councillor X
    Participant

Missed you Matt!

Let’s lock the town down and keep us safe from irresponsible dick springs

wrexview
    Participant

With over 40 cases in the Maelor Hospital and only 4 in Glan Clwyd and zero in Bangor Hospital perhaps the people of Wrexham should take extra care with social distancing , mask wearing and hand washing if we are to avoid another potential local lock down . Freedom is wonderful but we show due respect to the covid19 virus it hasn’t gone away!

newwales
    Participant

Unfortunately the attitude of many younger people in Wrexham is still, I’m fine even if I get it it won’t affect me much, very selfish it’s not about you it’s who you will then give it to. So many still stand close to me to talk & when I step back they step forward to continue the conversation?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News

Three arrested over ‘intent to supply Class B drugs’

News

16 year old charged with range of driving offences in Rhos

News

A view from Wrexham’s Member of Parliament

News

Wrexham University announce Professor Joe Yates as new Vice-Chancellor

News

Natural Resources Wales supporting ‘No Mow May’ campaign to protect pollinators