Wrexham Open For Business

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham Open For Business

• Author

Alunh
    Participant

The announcements in the press about Car Parking represent a great step forward in the approach to the issue by the Council. I note that Councillor Bithell has pinched my catchphrase about Wrexham Being Open For Business (see the Facebook page of the same). Personally.,…..I don’t mind a little bit of plagiarism (lol) and trust that our worthy Politicos will pinch all of the good ideas that pop up on this forum and others

ddraig
    Participant

@Alunh 16492 wrote:

The announcements in the press about Car Parking represent a great step forward in the approach to the issue by the Council. I note that Councillor Bithell has pinched my catchphrase about Wrexham Being Open For Business (see the Facebook page of the same). Personally.,…..I don’t mind a little bit of plagiarism (lol) and trust that our worthy Politicos will pinch all of the good ideas that pop up on this forum and others

Whilst I welcome this move, its not aggressive enough.

What the town really needs is ‘very cheap’ i.e. 20p short stay parking widely available all year round. This will really allow the town centre to compete with the likes of Broughton, Cheshire Oaks and provide a cheaper alternative to Chester.

I understand the financial constraints the council are under, but this has to be a priority area.

MP1953
    Participant

@ddraig 16494 wrote:

Whilst I welcome this move, its not aggressive enough.

What the town really needs is ‘very cheap’ i.e. 20p short stay parking widely available all year round. This will really allow the town centre to compete with the likes of Broughton, Cheshire Oaks and provide a cheaper alternative to Chester.

I understand the financial constraints the council are under, but this has to be a priority area.

Spot on, an all year round 20p or less for an hours parking, totally agree a step in the right direction, but as someone said they still haven’t quite got it :mad::mad::mad:

jimbow
    Participant

This is ok for a start.But Wrexham is OPEN FOR BUSINESS the whole year round ,not just for XMAS.They have reduced all day parking,but left the charges the same for the people that are going to shop in the town on a regular basis.The Council have not thought it out AGAIN.

jimbow
    Participant

I have just re listened to the webcast of the Executive Board .I originally thought that all day parking had been reduced to £2 for all long stay parking from January 2015.However this is not the case,the reduction is only for long stay in the Peoples Market.The Waterworld site long stay remains at £3.The majority of long stay parkers on these sites I presume could be Council staff.Talk about looking after your own flock:confused::eek::)

99DylanJones
    Participant

A question to ask the Council representatives at the next Town Centre Forum would be how many of the people parking in the Peoples Market have a six month season ticket and how many are Council staff.
    Also how many staff and Council Members are issued with FREE parking vouchers and the reason why the have this perk?
    In addition a question needs to be asked about what discount if any do Council staff get on their car parking (they get discount on Waterworld gym fees?)

Ferret
    Participant

@jimbow 16504 wrote:

I have just re listened to the webcast of the Executive Board .I originally thought that all day parking had been reduced to £2 for all long stay parking from January 2015.However this is not the case,the reduction is only for long stay in the Peoples Market.The Waterworld site long stay remains at £3.The majority of long stay parkers on these sites I presume could be Council staff.Talk about looking after your own flock:confused::eek::)

I thought they all got free parking anyway.

jimbow
    Participant

@Ferret 16515 wrote:

I thought they all got free parking anyway.

There was a time when Council employees did have free parking in the Peoples Market long stay area.This practice however according to the Council is not now the case.

harry
    Participant

Council staff are still getting FREE parking at the rear of the old social services buildings in Grosvenor road, accessed via the barrier near hi-speed tyres! Take a look during the week!!

So WHY are these members of staff getting to park for free when the rest of us working in town have to pay so much to park?!

BorrasBill
    Participant

@99DylanJones 16512 wrote:

A question to ask the Council representatives at the next Town Centre Forum would be how many of the people parking in the Peoples Market have a six month season ticket and how many are Council staff.
    Also how many staff and Council Members are issued with FREE parking vouchers and the reason why the have this perk?
    In addition a question needs to be asked about what discount if any do Council staff get on their car parking (they get discount on Waterworld gym fees?)

Very few Council staff get free or subsidised parking. The exact number could be found by submitting a Freedom of Information request.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News

Prioritise support over punishment for young vapers, says Public Health Wales

News