Wrexham New Branding proposal.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham New Branding proposal.

• Author

jimbow
    Participant

I also agree Wrexham is too spread out. However, the only control of town centre property WCBC have are the three markets, and around fifteen or so small shops around the Henblas street area.

It has been well documented that the markets have never been properly managed and so it could be left to the private sector for help.

Alunh
    Participant

Which takes us back to the original concept of branding. If the current mega-trend works its’ way through, it would be helpful if WCBC came up with the requisite brand identity……and……if the Markets are deemed to be a key element in that branding (plus the Indie shops), then action does need taking to get ahead of the curve.

To this end, it’s probably a good idea that things like the Techniquest Centre and the tourist Information Centre have now been moved or actively encouraged to move to the Market/Indie sector of town. Hopefully more sensible actions will follow

JaneJ
    Participant

There have been lots of plans drawn up about what Wrexham could look like and what shops we want to see but I have yet to see any decent research from the perspective of the public – the people who actually spend money.
    It is all very well the Council coming up with designs, branding and all the other frills but a town is only as good as the people who frequent it. Whilst talking about consultations what discussion have the Council had about their latest brand concept ideas or even the mysterious Civic Leaders Group – who is on the group representing businesses, is the Town centre Forum represented.
    As the owner of a property in the town centre no one has asked me what would ensure my property always has occupancy.
    Lots of this feels like we are expected to go on a train journey with with 1st, 2nd 3rd class seating and a cattle truck- most key people have not even been invited to get a ticket to get on board and not even arrived at the station. Others may have have had an invite but don’t know the destination so are on the platform. Not sure at this stage who the engine drivers are are – Ian Bancroft, Mark Pritchard or Ken Skates- they seem to be laying the track but don’t have the same destination as those who could be passengers.
    Come on Council start giving the tickets out so more people can join the journey

Alunh
    Participant

Totally agree Jane

This area is dealt with in Point 10 of the original post I placed. The “village”. When WCBC brought in the Manchester Met to have a look at this issue, and they are experts on the matter, they were making the right moves. They would have assessed what the various key players, the public obviously included, might be inclined to and what was viable.

All of that went very quiet.

Eerily quiet

Wrexham ITK
    Participant

What happened to that artist’s impression design of Queens Square? That looked quite good. Although, did it have a statue of a dog or am I imagining that? 😂

Councillor X
    Participant

The New Wrexham looks great ….

Councillor X
    Participant

And Love the roof of Ty Pawb too

Sheefag
    Participant

I’m disappointed the rebrand from a few years back, ‘Pie & Chips Town’ didn’t generate more traction.

Casting my memory back further, the fame of winning ‘European Small City Of Violence’ twice in the 80’s was also a missed opportunity.

Councillor X
    Participant

Good to see you back Sheefag. Didn’t they let you use the Internet in that place where you were staying?

You didn’t miss much.

Sheefag
    Participant

God bless you for those kind words, I have been isolating at her Majesty’s pleasure, so to speak.

It’s nice to see the Wales premier ‘Phil Collins Tribute Act’, Alun Hughes, posting so prolifically as well.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News

Fearless fundraisers to scale their biggest challenge yet for children’s hospices

News