Wrexham MP

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham MP

• Author

BenjaminM
    Participant

Unusually for me I find myself agreeing with a Tory politician. On Monday, Ken Skates praised the work being done in Wrexham to keep Covid 19 cases low. The next day, a lockdown from Thursday is introduced.
    I am as baffled as Sarah Atherton is about how the situation has deteriorated in a 24 hr period to justify a Wrexham C B lockdown and she is quite right to highlight this blatant anomaly.
    The only conclusion I can reach is that Wrexham has been shafted by collusion between the Senedd and local politicians, not for public health purposes but for ease of administration.
    Early days, I was totally behind the stance taken by the Welsh government as a model that should have been adopted UK wide, but lately, that has diminished to a point where measures being introduced appear to have no rhyme or reason.
    Irrespective of how constituents rate her Westminster performance, in this particular episode, she certainly has my support.

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

Strange sort of “ health professional “ who wants higher numbers of infection before taking action. When challenged about nurses pay she was pretty darn quick to say “ health was a matter for the Sennedd !”
    Even Boris is quoted in today’s Guardian that “ there is only one way of doing this and he is not prepared to let the virus take it’s course”
    It looks like a case of “ look at me “ and the ultra loyalist has probably been noted as not agreeing with the boss!

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

Our MP complained bitterly that she was “ not consulted by the Welsh Government “ when they acted on the rising cases and health advice to impose a national lockdown.
    It now seems that the UK government does not consult her , albeit weeks to late!
    I presume she will swiftly change her tune on the lockdown strategy NOW!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News