Wrexham MP votes…

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham MP votes…

• Author

zinger
    Participant

Matt
    “Nobody has a plan – that is a terrifying prospect.”

This is where I am coming from. The only deal I hear about is TM’s deal. The only thing that gets a consensus is that nobody likes TM’s deal but not all for the same reasons.

If only the rabble who are supposed to represent us would put their own workable deals on the table to be looked at & debated then we might move forward as a country. Negotiation is the name of the game. You give a little here & I give a little there. That is the grown up approach, not throwing dummies out of the pram if they don’t get their own way.

It seems to me that they all put their own miserable careers before their country & I would not vote for any one of them.

Parliament do not seem capable of debate without name calling or bringing up past misdemeanors whether real or imaginary.

Ioan y Ffin
    Participant

Zinger is correct. Our 650 MPs are going to have to negotiate and compromise. With the country split 52-48, no one can have 100% of what they want. the sooner the MPs realize that and get down to some serious discussions that the rest of us have to do in our daily lives all the time, the more chance we have of a sensible outcome to this mess.

MP1953
    Participant

By constituency over 400 out of 650 voted leave (including Wrexham) that is where it does not sit right with people.

steveg
    Participant

No-one seems to appreciate the irony of the PM seeking help on her Brexit deal from the likes of Plaid, the LibDems and the likes of Benn and Cooper. These are all arch-remainers and will do all they can do undermine Brexit.
    We’ve seen 8 years of austerity and poverty under this Tory government (and their LibDem cronies) and now they have the gall to ask the Labour Opposition for help.

Matt
    Participant

Looks like thousands of Portuguese planning to leave Wrexham because of Settled Status uncertainty, many of wh consider this to be their home –

https://www.oldleaderlivestory.co.uk/news/17375719.wrexhams-portuguese-community-worried-about-uks-new-settled-status-scheme/

WreX-iT
    Participant

As your articles says Matt, there are 3.5 million EU citizens currently living in the UK. If a fraction of these leave then the impact on our schools, NHS etc. is reduced.

It won’t solve the problem but will ease it a bit.

If you want to look at in terms of the scales of immigration then 3.5 million EU citizens is a lot more than the population of Wales!!!!

How many of these add to our economy i wonder and how many just add to the homeless population?

Keep those who ADD to society and find a way to help those that don’t find their way home. Its not racism it is common sense!

zinger
    Participant

I don’t see why the lady is upset personally. None of us know what the future will bring with regards to Brexit.

I think that articles like this are inflammatory & cause more problems than they solve.

George4
    Participant

Lucas should do what the people of Wrexham voted for LEAVE, and unless he votes with the Government to Leave no one should vote for him again in any election.
    MP’s and Welsh Assembly Members should vote for their constituents wishes, it is the people of Wrexham that put them in Office.

WreX-iT
    Participant

From Twitter Feed:

“New in on the Brexit vote… Wrexham’s MP “voted against it because it was a bad deal, not because I am opposed to Brexit””

Of course he is opposed to Brexit! That man was a waste of a vote!

I used to like the man but now …..

Wrexham’s MP Ian Lucas is ‘shocked’ at the claims made yesterday , “I did not take part in a cover up and would never do so” (ok this is taken out of context but you know the crack)

RhosdduCowboy
    Participant

I’d like to compliment you on your approach to the subject and your honesty. We agree the rules, play the game and should accept the outcome. Good or bad.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News