Wrexham MP faces backlash over “inflammatory” remarks.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham MP faces backlash over “inflammatory” remarks.

• Author

TimRegency
    Participant

Matt
    Participant

Are we going to have to roll out the she’s still new excuse for her latest shambles in terms of her poorly thought out anti-immigration letter?

This time she’s not only picked up flack locally, but been condemned across the UK for her putting her boot in where it’s not wanted or needed.

Why doesn’t she stop buggering about and cut the attack lines and focus on what the locals want and what locals need. None of these other things matter, she’s nowhere near Dover and Herr Farage has got his Dad’s Army to deal with that for those concerned.

Although I did see someone trying to sneak across the Clywedog so she might want to check that out.

Boat

Oh and I’m also backing Tim for MP next General Election.

Matt
    Participant

Haha Tim, it appears we posted up the same thing. May need a thread MERGE!

Rex Ham
    Participant

Why did she need to put her penn’orth into the migrant debate? At what point does that impinge on her constituency unless there is an issue with the ability of Wrexham to accommodate any refugees?
    Her stance is disgraceful anyway, designed to tap into populist politics and divert attention from other issues.
    #notmymp

Matt
    Participant

So, as we find out today that a 16 year old boy has been tragically found dead whilst trying to cross the channel it seems all the more disturbing that for a humanitarian crisis Sarah Atherton would think that sending out the armed forces would help the situation. Trying to threaten unarmed civilians with weapons when they’re already in distress. I don’t think that falls into any of the rules of engagement taught by any branches of our forces.

It’s made the BBC now.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-53832136

TimRegency
    Participant

Indeed Matt, not a hint of human compassion is to be found in this approach.

Fake law is a serious problem these days, so I’ve found two Twitter threads that correct the legal and factual errors in Ms Atherton’s letter. I hope the links work:

Rex Ham
    Participant

I am unable to do a “cut and paste” job, but if you can look at the facebook or twitter pages of Bellevue Football Club they have written an excellent and compassionate response to LaAtherton.

TimRegency
    Participant

At your service:

The Speaking Truth
    Participant

It was great to see some good social distancing outside her office yesterday. The irony of protesting for NHS payrise yet ignore advice and possibly create more work for them! If you must protest then do it safely and those in public positions taking part should lead by example.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Considering the NHS in Wales is a devolved matter, wouldn’t the ‘protest’ have been more appropriate outside Lesley Griffith’s office?
    Sadly, it was a very poor effort in terms of numbers attending. However, 2 local Plaid Cymru Councillors did attend (eager to make the most of yet another photo opportunity no doubt). They seem to pop up everywhere, for what reason I’ve yet to fathom.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

Demand for Welsh courses ‘outstripping capacity’

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News