Wrexham moaners

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham moaners

• Author

Darlofan
    Participant

Why can’t all these people on Facebook at the moment moaning about the council not helping their elderly relatives clear paths and empty their bins get off their lazy backsides and help them instead? It’s incredible, i know some might not be able but we all have friends, neighbours, relaitives that would be able to help. One of them is saying her eldelrly parent can’t get out over the heap of snow pushed to one side by the ploughs. I would suggest if he/she can’t get over that or clear it they shouldn’t be going out at all as it’s not just bad outside their front door.
    Also if your bin hasn’t been emptied squash the rubbish down with a brush or use your neighbours that has less in it. Or produce less rubbish, we’re a family of 4 and we can quite easily miss a collection and still have room in the wheelie bin.

Aside from that i would say the snow has been fantastic for us up here in Penycae, the neighbours have all been out clearing the roads and drives as we don’t get ploughs or gritters. Everyone has loved it, we had a great laugh and we have spoken to people we never knew in 6 years of living here.
    Lighten up people, enjoy it and help your neighbours.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

If they are moaning, they only have themselves to blame as they voted in the councillors. There has been no difference in the council’s approach from the 2 years ago and there have be council elections since then.

compared to birmingham, wrexham has done a good job.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I have enjoyed the snow. Like Darlofan the neighbours got together and cleared the estate. Made sure the elderly couple next door where ok and slid about like a child.

It renewed the community spirit in our area and if our bins weren’t emptied and we had to catch the bus so what? I have spoken to strangers of all ages, one young lad even took his ear buds out to talk to me! Today I helped a gentleman to upend a lady up who had fallen in the snow. I then tried to give his shopping to the fallen lady lol.

I think this weather has shown that community spirit is alive and well in Wrexham even if it does take extreme conditions to bring it out.

Darlofan
    Participant

Agree totally with you Welsh Dresser. Walking to the shops has resulted in everyone smiling and saying hello as you pass. Have to say though it’s amazing the number of neighbours I have who can’t work due to disabilities yet can walk through the snow to shows or dig a large amount of snow to get their cars out!!

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I also know of people who have selective disabilities ie they are disabled when it suits them to be. It gives the genuine disabled a bit of a bad profile.

Rondetto
    Participant

I have great sympathy with disabled having spent years nursing. But, I have to look twice when see obese people parking in disabled bays at the supermarket.
    They seem able to walk and carry heavy bags of shopping, maybe like Homer Simpson we should all gorge on food, get to 25 stone and claim we are disabled.

Darlofan
    Participant

In all fairness it was imperative they got to the shops as others seemed to be panic buying fags and cider. So you can see they wouldn’t want to go without!!

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I knew I’d forgotten something when I went shopping!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Calls for urgent clarity of future of nuclear energy developments in North Wales

News

A view from Wrexham’s Member of the Senedd

News

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News